Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I've got everything disconnected but i can't seem to figure out how to get the rear trany mount out of the way.

I've unbolted the through bolt, but i can't get enough clearance to pull out the crossmember. Anybody have any experience? This is a serious pain.

·
Registered
5,036 Posts
um, there's a motormount under the tranny..... pop off the plastic cover and there's 2 bolts holding it on.... that way you can keep the crossmember there

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Depending on the car, the steering rack might get in the way of taking out the entire mount. If this is the case, undo the bolts holding the mount to the crossmember that Toyotaspeed90 mentioned, then get the bolt out of the middle. This will let the bottom half of the mount move around, giving you some degree of wiggle room.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
on this link it says to remove the subframe (the crossmember with the suspension components). Is this entirely necessary?

http://zonehacks.com/specific/Transaxle Assembly.htm

The transmission has a U shaped bracket that sandwiches the mount. I can't get the mount out until i drop both crossmembers, and i don't think i can get the transmission out with the mount still in there because the transmission bracket 'sandwiches' it.

I undid the two bolts underneath and the through bolt, but i still can get the mount high enough to pull the front-to-rear crossmember out (the mount hits the steering rack).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts