Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2002 Toyota Tacoma
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone give me some pointers on how to remove the center console in a 2002 Toyota Tacoma? I tried to pry at it a little bit but I don't want to break anything, I need to get to the back of my cd player to install some wires to run to my glove box. Any help is appreciated! Thanks in advance!

·
Taco lover
'98 Tacoma - RIP!
188 Posts
Removal of the console is usually pretty straightforward. There are probably a few screws holding things together, then other parts that snap together.

Try this site: http://www.toyodiy.com/parts Have your VIN handy. You should be able to "drill down" to views of interior parts, and eventually to the console.

A Haynes manual for your specific model/year would also have a good description of the procedure. Your local library or Autozone may have it to browse if you do not want to spend the dough to purchase your own. I have manuals for all of our vehicles. They have paid for themselves many times over.

If you are going further into the dash (to pull out the CD unit) be sure to disconnect the negative cable from the battery.

Good luck!

·
Registered
2002 Tacoma 4x4
77 Posts
first take off your knobs for your heat etc. then you should be able to pop the cover off behind where the knobs where using a flat head screwdriver or something similar, behind that there are 3 or 4 screws I think and then in behind your ashtray there are 1 or 2. take them out and everything else should "pop" right off.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts