·
5,834 Posts
I pulled your user manual...

I am afraid Maintenance setting is for USA models only:

Units
Select to change the unit of
measure for fuel consumption.

Maintenance system (for U.S.A.)
Select to reset the maintenance data after the required maintenance is performed. (P. 491)

Eco Driving Indicator Light

Select to activate/deactivate the Eco Driving Indicator Light.(P. 107)

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I pulled your user manual...

I am afraid Maintenance setting is for USA models only:

Units
Select to change the unit of
measure for fuel consumption.

Maintenance system (for U.S.A.)
Select to reset the maintenance data after the required maintenance is performed. (P. 491)

Eco Driving Indicator Light

Select to activate/deactivate the Eco Driving Indicator Light.(P. 107)
Well..it can be two things:
1. there is a no reset maintenance data whatsoever on canadian highlander vehicles
or
2. Toyota does not want us tinkering around the maintenance data

Will let you know once the Service manager replies to my email.

·
5,834 Posts
Here in Seattle area? Yes. But I don't deal with them much as my two hybrids are very good cars and I do all maintenance myself. The only major issue was oil consumption test and warranty repair and water pump replacement on my Camry hybrid, that was done stellar by them.
I am honestly very surprised about asinine attitude. And the entire Canadian model "specialty" in this respect.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Here in Seattle area? Yes. But I don't deal with them much as my two hybrids are very good cars and I do all maintenance myself. The only major issue was oil consumption test and warranty repair and water pump replacement on my Camry hybrid, that was done stellar by them.
I am honestly very surprised about asinine attitude. And the entire Canadian model "specialty" in this respect.
Hopefully highlander canadian models are not too "special", which would only require tech staff from dealership to do the task.

Btw, heres an update on the email with my dealership.
I have told them my issue(another SA), that the instructions in the manual to reset does not work. Asked to be forwarded to the SA manager if tech does not agree to show me the way to do it. She replied:

"We can reset it for you, and walk you thru the steps. Just stop-in the drive thru and I can get one of the techs show you if the instruction manual is not clear."

I like this SA way better..=) She is more kind.

Will let you know the steps when i get my Hybrid Highlander(named Zoe) for servicing next week.

·
5,834 Posts
"We can reset it for you, and walk you thru the steps. Just stop-in the drive thru and I can get one of the techs show you if the instruction manual is not clear."

Please, do post. We all learn from such feedback.

Thank you in advance.

·
VanHiHy
15 Posts
As a new Canadian hybrid owner (new to the HH, not to being Canadian, and for full disclosure, I haven't even taken delivery yet), I'd love to hear how this comes out. Nothing frustrates me more than proprietary processes (such as resetting warning lights) especially if they are specific to being in Canada (which makes no bloody sense).

Keep us informed!

Thanks.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #30 (Edited)
I got it!!! drum role please............ tada! here it is:

btw, this is done for a canadian, 2015 hybrid hylander
disclaimer: do at your own risk, and i am not responsible for whatever happens to your car..=)

turn on the car...ignition on or engines running(in my case it was engines running)
pressed trip button on dashboard until it shows ODO reading
pressed Power button until machine/car is off.
pressed and hold on trip button, then pressed power button twice to reach ignition on status (engine does not start)
when correctly done, it will only show the shift lever status (in this case at P[ark]) and the odometer reading only on the multicolored display screen. Keep on holding / pressing the trip button, do not release.
then..current odometer reading will flash multiple times, wait til next screen changes.
then it will show the normal "ignition on" status on the screen. then release pressed held trip button.
then press power and turn off engine.
Then press brake, and turn on engine by pressing power button.
and voila, your done!

Hope this helps!

21 - 31 of 31 Posts
About this Discussion
30 Replies
4 Participants
ukrkoz
Toyota Nation Forum
ToyotaNation Forum is a community dedicated to all Toyota models. Come discuss the Camry, Tacoma, Highlander, 4Runner, Rav4 and more!
Full Forum Listing