Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Mighty Flying Family Sedn
Camry
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just washed out my cone filter and reinstalled.... waited abt an hr and went fer a drive... once started the car... it idle's extremely low. almost to the point where it would die... went to pick up my dinner and tried to start the car ... but nothing.. it would turn... but wouldn't stay on...

what did i do wrong? maybe it was still wet and there's bad air flow?

also before removing out the cone filter i removed the battery (.... i doubt that would have done anything.... right?

SOMEONE PLS HELP!~:confused:

·
Registered
6 Posts
filter maintenance

If your cone filter's a K&N Style, which need to be oiled after each wash in order to work, then <http://www.knfilters.com/clningins.htm>. Check to make sure that anything you disconnected has be reconnected correctly, and wake sure that the filter's completely dry.

·
Camry
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So after i washed out the cone filter my car started shuddering and i couldn't figure out why..... so i took out the intake system.. bought some Throttle Body cleaner (Gumout)... sprayed the whole can on my throttle body.... and BAM.. no more shaking

well i guess it was coming since i never oiled or cleaned the filter.... and i bought it used.

·
I'm a Mac
DD - 94 Mitsu 3000GT
4,062 Posts
lack of oil on the filter wont affect normal operation. the oil just acts as a magnet for dirt which could get into your engine if the intake wasnt oiled. i dont think i ever oiled mine, and its been in use for like a year and a half, on my 2 different motors.

prolly was still wet and couldnt get enough air in...

oh, and i would pull the 15A EFI fuse to reset the computer just in case... do it for like 30 seconds then put it back in and drive away.

·
Camry
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey Zoni.... why pull the fuse?

·
Camry
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Calvin327 said:
Clean the throttle body while your at it.

Calvin
Calvin.... i did clean my throttle body... with the Spray on cleaner....

is there any other way to clean?

·
Registered
431 Posts
My only guess is, try cleaning the throttle body as much as you can and throwing in some fuel injection cleaner. After that, go out on the freeway and floor it for a minute or so to burn out any possible deposit or water that is still in there. Hopefully that will solve the problem. To completely clean the throttle body, spray into the little hole until you see the nasty crap pop back out. Usually like close to 10 seconds, and don't forget to really clean the plate, cause that gets sticky. If you still have a problem, check your electrical next.

Calvin

1 - 9 of 9 Posts