Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey, I was wondering if you pro's out there can help me out with my situation. This started couple of days ago and its starting to show more often. I'm not sure if it's due to the cold weather up here which is like -20degrees. But the question is that when I start my car from either a warm or cold start and when I add gas to go. It sometimes halts when I'm still adding gas until I let go and add gas again. It feels like my shifting ain't shifting to the next one or something but i'm not sure. Anyone know whats wrong with this? Could it really be the cold weather thats affecting this? Because after a few mins of warming up the car it doesn't do that anymore. It's the simple add gas and go without halting. Oh and my car is auto.

Also another problem is that my Check light (malfuntion light) has been turning on when I do a cold start (like in the morning hours when its still cold). Should I worry about this or should I just forget about it? Because after warming up the car. I turn it off for a few mins and it will disappear when I turn it back on.

conclusion, should I worry about any of these problems and should bring it in to a mechanic to check it out?

Also I want to know if getting those white back license plate lights is illegal? I see alot of Lexus have it now but can it be on other cars too? :)
I didn't want to start another topic so I'll just post it here

Thanks

·
The Other White Meat
Holden Apollo
3,741 Posts
huh?

get that CEL checked.

yes worry.

go to your deptof road/vheicle/rego/etc and buy em.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
kk ill call the mechanics to book an appointment for a check up tomorrow.

·
Registered
2002 Camry
2,231 Posts
Sounds like the engine may have a lean condition at cold idle, clean the Idle air control valve if you can or at least soak the inside with some seafoam or carb cleaner.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
marc780 said:
Sounds like the engine may have a lean condition at cold idle, clean the Idle air control valve if you can or at least soak the inside with some seafoam or carb cleaner.
that's what I thought that the reason for this is due to the cold weather i'm experiencing up here in Canada. I will take a look at the air control value tomorrow to see if its clutered.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts