Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone im new to this forum... i found it searching in google because i have a problem with my Toyota Supra N/A 1988 targa, my problem is that there seems to be no power between the ecu and the distributor and the car is not running at all, and i have a new battery on. The motor is turning and everything but it just wont start, ive checked everything but its still the same... it was running but it suddenly stopped working, and the last thing is that i put a new igniter on it because i tought it was the problem. I hope someone can answer my question or just give me some advice thank you.

·
Got Hardass?
2,959 Posts
Umm, it's not the starter. Ignore that.
The motor is turning and everything but it just wont start.
Better question: Have you checked for spark? Pull a plug wire off, and put a spark plug in it, start cranking. Does it spark? If so that's not your issue.

My guess would be the Cam Position Sensor. It's a little round housing mounted on the passenger side of the motor, near the front. It requires a signal to the ECU to allow the motor to start and stay running, however the wires to it get damaged easily by heat and they can occasionally loose contact. This will prevent the car from starting.

·
MK3 kid in a MK4 world
MA70, JZA80, AW11
48 Posts
The GE has no CPS, its got a distributor where the CPS is located on the GTE engines. No power to distributor = no spark.

Do you have power to the ignition module? you might want to check the ground on it as well. If that doesn't work, try replacing the coil.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I checked and there is no spark at all, I replaced the coil and the module for a better one but there still is no power to the distributor, and there is no spark. I checked the ECU and out of the three connections just one has power, the middle connection. And one more thing.. there is power to the ignition module (igniter).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts