Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
2005 Corolla
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone out there added gas springs to hold up thier hood; or do you know of DIY site for this mod on Gen 9 Corolla. thanks.

·
2005 Corolla
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Thanks

Anybody have any photos of this mod? Or know what size springs to use? Any info would be appriciated.

·
Bullitprooph
1991 Celica GT-S
1,501 Posts
I've been thinking about doing the same thing, my hood prop is a pile of &*$# and this is what I've been thinking of doing, on the cheap: take two struts off the hatch of a corolla station wagon in the yard. they're designed to hold the hatch (probably heavier that the hood) up horizontally. They're pretty tough.

Just a thought. :cool:

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
maybe grab the strut things off a 92-96 camry? i bet theyd be really easy to deal with

·
2005 Corolla
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks. I'll look in some junk yards. Hard to believe nobody has made this mod. seems so simple and much better than the prop stick. My tundra has the struts.

·
The Return of the Red Coupe
2010 RAV4 V6
19,669 Posts
Check out the 89-94 Maximas too, I bet they wouldn't be too hard to fit in either.

·
Registered
AE92 COROLLA
76 Posts
its a lot harder than some of you think as you MUST line up the gas strut exactly as if it is not the hood will not close and stay open right.......

1 - 7 of 7 Posts