Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey i have a 89 corolla 1.6l
i was wondering if anyone knows any tricks and tweaks or additives to power up my engine under $50 as im poor at moment lol:(

Also how do u cut your springs and how low can ya go with corolla b4 the gard hit wheels when turning ?

cheers

·
Registered
1986 Camry
476 Posts
Cutting your springs, typically, is bad news.

However, if you're going to do it anyways, its a bit of a "trial and error" deal. Just cut a couple loops off and see how it sits... repeat as nessesary. Oh yeah, and cut off the coils that are farther apart, so the stiffer part remains.

·
Resident asshole
Corolla
9,552 Posts
Doesnt matter where you cut it, alteast on my corolla the loops were similar on both ends, threw them springs away and got some lowering springs to go.... but the car isnt low :p

With that 50, I'd just buy a tank of gas. Nothing more you can do.

·
Registered
1986 Camry
476 Posts
Doesnt matter where you cut it, alteast on my corolla the loops were similar on both ends, threw them springs away and got some lowering springs to go.... but the car isnt low :p

With that 50, I'd just buy a tank of gas. Nothing more you can do.
I had chopped springs on my Camry for a bit and eventually got some eGay coilovers. Its still not low enough.

·
The Return of the Red Coupe
2010 RAV4 V6
19,665 Posts
$50 won't get you far, you could maybe pick up an intake from cosmoracing for around $80 shipped, I can't remember if they have them for the 4AFE though.

·
Resident asshole
Corolla
9,552 Posts
pick up some pipe from the local hw store for 10bucks and a filter element if you must have something, but I'm still saying to spend the money on gas.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts