Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
5SFE
'94 Toyota Camry
747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's a squeaking sound that's semi-high pitched. It ONLY happens when I hit a bump with my car, once that bump hits my rear, you can hear the squeaking sound. I'm guessing it's suspension in the rear, so.. my question: Is there anything in my '99 that needs to be oiled in the back, suspension-wise?

I was thinkin' that it may be like a worn out rubber "insert" that goes between the coil-over and the car it self, right at the top. But, I'm a butthead.. :) The car is 100% stock minus wheels and tires.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Is it like a knock, could be the struts or your bushing but... It's one of those you have to hear it to know

·
Registered
2 Posts
if you got a squeaking sound from your rear you might wish to seek the help of a qualified doctor... lol... sorry couldnt help it...

·
Do you wanna have a try??
Corolla AE101
92 Posts
Well well...
Please have a check at your Rear suspension bushing...
I get known from a former Toyota Mechanic, he said if there are a sound, please check your bushing...
Almost most of the toyota is like that.
Please notice this: - :rolleyes:
Bushing life is almost 2-4 years
Suspension Adsober 2-3 years
Suspension Coil Spring is 4-6 years

I have change my dad's Corolla 10 year old Coil spring :eek:
wow...What a difference!!!:thumbup:

·
Do you wanna have a try??
Corolla AE101
92 Posts
Well please notice that if you have a ruff ride then please change your Absober...
and well all those lifespan is depends on your style of driving...

·
The Return of the Red Coupe
2010 RAV4 V6
19,669 Posts
with my style of driving.. the struts I got on my car in 2002 need replacement by now. :lol:

·
5SFE
'94 Toyota Camry
747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Yeah, I think I'll hit a mechanic and see what I hear from 'em. But, should I go to a mechanic or is this somethin' I can trust to the gang at Pepboys and the sort?

Style of driving?? We'll leave it at "spirited driving":) Some of the roads suck around here though. Probably a week after I replaced all my wheels and got alignment, my Corolla started going a little to the left. When I hit 65 on the speedo, the steering wheel begins to vibrate. It sucks man.. A whole week??

Oh yeah, does anyone know what that truck in Jeepers Creepers was packin'? It sounds pretty nice..

Ohhh.. one more thing! LOL. Okay, when I pack up the Corolla with four people, it tends to bottom out easily in the rear. Yes, I know it's weight of passengers but what can I do to remedy this???? Besides buying my passengers bottles of Trimspa... (Trimspa BABY!!! Anna-Nicole is still ugly!) The 1989 Corolla never bottoms out though.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts