Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry if this has been covered, but I was not able to find it.

I have RAV4 2019 Limited. I had thought I could open all the power windows by pressing the unlock button on the fob...Push once, then the 2nd time press and hold.

Well, that does not appear to work. Any help would be most appreciated.

Thanks

Byron123

·
Registered
546 Posts
The following is from the 2019 RAV4 Owners Manual:

"2 Unlocks all the doors
Pressing the button unlocks the
driver’s door. Pressing the button
again within 5 seconds unlocks the
other doors.
Press and hold to open the side
windows and moon roof (if
equipped) or panoramic moon roof
(if equipped).*
*: This setting must be customized
at your Toyota dealer."

This feature used to be enabled by default on vehicles that had it but for the last few years the default has been to disable it. I suspect the reason it is now disabled by default is due to complaints from people with the dreaded disease TPS (Tight Pants Syndrome) who have inadvertently opened the sunroof and windows when vehicles are sitting outside in inclement weather when something in their pants pocket pressed against the unlock button. For me, its probably been a Swiss army knife that has pressed against the unlock button.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
[ToyoJim

This feature used to be enabled by default]

Thanks. I remember previous Toyotas I have owned and this feature was turned on. So, now I need to go to dealer to get it activated. Wonder what that will cost?

Appreciate your Help!

Byron123.

·
Registered
546 Posts
So, now I need to go to dealer to get it activated. Wonder what that will cost?
I don't know if there is a stated policy for the Toyota brand but for Toyota's Lexus brand, all desired customization has been performed at no cost on a one time basis.

·
Registered
93 Posts
[ToyoJim

This feature used to be enabled by default]

Thanks. I remember previous Toyotas I have owned and this feature was turned on. So, now I need to go to dealer to get it activated. Wonder what that will cost?

Appreciate your Help!

Byron123.
You can buy Carista. It's an OBDII port reader that connects via bluetooth to your phone. The app is free to download and use for some of the basic settings, and I think you get a 30 day free trial to use the remainder of the settings. The option to change the fob window controls is available on the Carista device. It doesn't have the instrument panel settings (like being able to turn off the ding noise for not having seat belt buckled) at this time. Hopefully they'll add that stuff sometime this year.

If the dealer wants to charge you to change this setting, just get the Carista reader. I think it's around $25.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Don't bother buying Carista, it has very few settings for the '19 Rav4 that can't be set in the MID or Infotainment system, I tried it in Jan on mine, contacted Carista and was told they haven't updated the app for the '19 yet and it would be a while before they did, I sent them debug upload for a potential future update, but I have yet to see an update that includes any Toyotas since. You'd be better off spending your money on cloned Techstream software and MVCI USB adatper cable which has every custom option the dealer has. My dealer has always done complimentary customization on the first service visit, so it wouldn't hurt to ask, if they say they can't do it, show them the owner's manual that says they can, it's on page 686 of the .pdf version. FWIW, mine was enable during PDI, so I know the wireless remote open all windows and moonroof works, but the manual says that option is disabled by default, but can be enabled by the dealer.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Don't bother buying Carista, it has very few settings for the '19 Rav4 that can't be set in the MID or Infotainment system, I tried it in Jan on mine, contacted Carista and was told they haven't updated the app for the '19 yet and it would be a while before they did, I sent them debug upload for a potential future update, but I have yet to see an update that includes any Toyotas since. You'd be better off spending your money on cloned Techstream software and MVCI USB adatper cable which has every custom option the dealer has. My dealer has always done complimentary customization on the first service visit, so it wouldn't hurt to ask, if they say they can't do it, show them the owner's manual that says they can, it's on page 686 of the .pdf version. FWIW, mine was enable during PDI, so I know the wireless remote open all windows and moonroof works, but the manual says that option is disabled by default, but can be enabled by the dealer.
Are there any reputable companies selling the cloned software that you would recommend, and how much can one expect to pay? Back when I was looking I don't really recall seeing anything that really gave me "warm fuzzies" and I don't remember the prices. I think that they were pretty much Chinese companies - I'm personally a little gun shy about exposing my computer and vehicle to an unknown Chinese company offering cloned software versions.

Be that as it may, if I still own my 2019 by the time the first service rolls around, I'll check and see if they'll disable the driver's side seat belt chime for free. There are situations where I don't need a seat belt and would rather not bother with it.

·
Registered
439 Posts
I got mine from an ebay seller in Bulgaria, the software sent was an older version that didn't cover the '19 Rav4, but he provided a download link and key for the latest at the time V13.30.018 which does cover the '19. He doesn't have it listed now, but there are US sellers on ebay now that weren't there in January, I'd go with one of those. There are US sellers on Amazon, one with great reviews, but V13.30.018 isn't listed, but they may still have it, I'd contact the seller and ask, make sure they provide the key.

These are most of the changes I made with Techstream

PBD switch to 0 sec press instead of .8 sec long press

Lane change signal flashes to 7 instead of 3

Changed flasher volume to large(loudest) from medium

Turned off front seat belt buzzer

https://www.toyotanation.com/forum/333-highlander-3rd-generation-2014/816106-information-those-wondering-what-techstream-can-do-your-highlander.html#post7292346[

·
Registered
439 Posts
I just checked Carista to see if there were any changes even tho the updates never mentioned it, still no option on seat belt chimes, PBD switch or lane change blinks, but the wireless remote open all windows and moonroof with unlock long press is an option, I don't remember seeing that before, so they may have done some updates without notice, there do seem to be more available options than before.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I just checked Carista to see if there were any changes even tho the updates never mentioned it, still no option on seat belt chimes, PBD switch or lane change blinks, but the wireless remote open all windows and moonroof with unlock long press is an option, I don't remember seeing that before, so they may have done some updates without notice, there do seem to be more available options than before.
The remote open windows, moonroof has been there for at least the last month if not longer. What I would like in addition to the seat belt chime is being able to close windows with a long press on the key fob. Is that even an option? Carista has the option of all windows open and close by manually inserting and turning the key in the driver's door lock, but not with the key fob - that's open only. I would like to be able to leave my windows open an inch or two outside my building at work and be able to close them remotely from the second story window if rain catches me by surprise.

Thanks for the tech stream info...

·
Registered
546 Posts
What I would like in addition to the seat belt chime is being able to close windows with a long press on the key fob. Is that even an option?
That feature cannot be enabled on vehicles sold in North America but it is available on vehicles sold in some other regions of the world.

·
Registered
439 Posts
I would like to be able to leave my windows open an inch or two outside my building at work and be able to close them remotely from the second story window if rain catches me by surprise.

That's why I love Weathertech side window deflectors, you can leave the side windows cracked year round with no problem, but they aren't available yet, I contacted them about a month ago, no ETA, just said they've made them for every Rav4 since '96 and will make them. I've had them on every vehicle I've owned since the early '90s.

I think the last time I checked Carista was early Feb.

·
Registered
93 Posts
That's why I love Weathertech side window deflectors, you can leave the side windows cracked year round with no problem, but they aren't available yet, I contacted them about a month ago, no ETA, just said they've made them for every Rav4 since '96 and will make them. I've had them on every vehicle I've owned since the early '90s.

I think the last time I checked Carista was early Feb.
Yeah, I considered them for my previous Rav4. I'm not really a fan of the kind that attaches by having the lip insert into the top of the window track and I wasn't sure about the ones that simply adhere to the outside of the window with double sided tape.

I'll probably look into them sometime in the next few months along with a hood deflector.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I got mine from an ebay seller in Bulgaria, the software sent was an older version that didn't cover the '19 Rav4, but he provided a download link and key for the latest at the time V13.30.018 which does cover the '19. He doesn't have it listed now, but there are US sellers on ebay now that weren't there in January, I'd go with one of those. There are US sellers on Amazon, one with great reviews, but V13.30.018 isn't listed, but they may still have it, I'd contact the seller and ask, make sure they provide the key.

These are most of the changes I made with Techstream

PBD switch to 0 sec press instead of .8 sec long press

Lane change signal flashes to 7 instead of 3

Changed flasher volume to large(loudest) from medium

Turned off front seat belt buzzer
RE: flasher volume ... do you know where in the Customization section of the Owners Manual this change is described? I would like to get that changed as well, but I didn't realize it could
Thanks.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Flasher volume isn't in the owner's manual customization, it's one of the many settings that are Techstream customization only settings.
Thanks. I didn't realize that there were customization items that the dealer could do that aren't shown in column C of the "Customizable Features". Is Techstream the tool that they use? I don't understand why Toyota would have such features and not tell vehicle owners about them.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
About this Discussion
16 Replies
5 Participants
woodstonian
Toyota Nation Forum
ToyotaNation Forum is a community dedicated to all Toyota models. Come discuss the Camry, Tacoma, Highlander, 4Runner, Rav4 and more!
Full Forum Listing