Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 94 Toyo truck, 4X4, 4-c, 22RE. A few days ago when I was driving it to work it stalled out without even a sputter. When I got it towed home I checked the fuses under the hood and the 15A EFI fuse was blown. So I replaced it and it blew again. So it was suggested to me (by my father) that I get a new EFI relay. I ordered a new relay and put in today, the same thing keeps happening. I don't know if this makes any difference put I just had a new fuel pump put in about a month ago.

If there is anyone who has any idea about what is happening to my poor truck please let me know! :confused:

·
Registered
'20 gray crewcab 4x4; sold '09 access cab 4x4, '94 T100 4x4, '85 4x4, '82 2x4 pickup
490 Posts
That fuse feeds some other components (probably another relay, fuel pump, oxygen sensor, EFI computer,Air flow meter, emission control computer, +??) that could be at fault. Your best bet is to get ahold of a schematic diagram and work from there. Another possibility is insulation worn off a wire and shorting to ground somewhere in the harness. Near the fuel pump might be a strong possibility.
Good luck. Let us know what you find.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you

Thanks REB will look at wires. A few years ago the truck got a major rehaul including the wires. In any case the wires where left out on the hood and my dog got hold of them and ripped them apart. Hours where spent soldering those suckers back together. Guess what I'm saying is the faulty wire thing sounds like a definite possibility. If I can't find anything I think I will try and get it towed in some place where they deal with electrical problems. I think I am way over my head. Thank you again.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Update on EFI system

Just an update on my progess and solution. I was able to get the truck towed in to an auto electric place. The guy said that I had a wire going underneith my EGR valve, burning the insolation off and causing a short in my electrical system. So any advise for those having EFI problems is to do like REB suggested and check your wires!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts