Discussion Starter #1
After some recent work on the car:

Front Engine Mount
Read Engine Mount and plate
Front absorber
Tranny mount
Dogbone mount
New flew pipes (large and small)

It has come to my attention that it looks like my rear header is leaking as the pipe coming down was loose and it keeps a slight fluttering noise during acceleration but not at constant throttle. My question is do you guys know the name of this part? Would it be like the rear header gasket or rear header flange or something? How hard is it to replace this part and how much does it cost. I went on the dallas toyota site and I found two exhaust manifolds: one for 38 dollars and the other for 170 dollars. Is the part I need an exhaust manifold?

·
Registered
528 Posts
It's the rear exhaust header flange gasket. $3-8 part. IF this work you mention was done recently by someone and they removed your front exhaust pipe for access to the rear mount or something, they may not have tightened up the exhaust bolts fully or forgot to put back the gasket. Take it back to that shop and complain. It's not hard to do yourself, but you need to get the car high up on jack stands to lower the front pipe if required, and get underneath with a set of long wobble extensions to access the flange bolts.

dave mc

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Fixed it today. The two bolts on the rear end were about to fall out. Had a lot of problems with the shop that we took it to so I'm not going to even bother going back there..ever.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts