Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1985 toyota camry
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So yes I am a proud owner of a 1985 camry. What I needing help with is understanding if this chassis was shared with the celica since they did share the fwd drive train (2se) for one year? Reason I'm am asking is because I am trying to do my research in order to figure out what coilovers I can install. If minor fab is needed, that's fine. I just need input to feel confident in just one purchase and not trial and error.

·
Registered
1986 Toyota Camry LE
9 Posts
Did you ever find out what coilovers fit? I have an 86 and have been wondering the same thing, she needs new suspension soon.

·
Registered
1985 toyota camry
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have not and it seems nobody has any info on this. Which is sad. Hopefully some one will chime in. It's gratifying that some one else is interested in this subject. But when and if I do find out something, I will definitely post it.

·
Kanmuri
1985 Camry
248 Posts
I've read somewhere on here that Celica suspension works. But I'm not going to search it for you, because that what you should have done in the first place lol

·
Registered
1985 toyota camry
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well what you read, I can confirm that the 90-93 celica springs will work. I just gambled and ordered 2" lowering springs from meagen racing. and they fit like a glove. I must say that I love lowered cars for the looks, but suffering the ride quality is not something i care to do with anything in the future. THe one thing that I would love to achieve by finding coilovers is being able to balance the way the car sits with the rear tucking the tires slightly and the front fenders just above the tire. I know its how the body is shaped, being the reason for this since the rear quarters dont have a wheel arch like the front fenders do. but I will, of course, keep you posted on any updates. getting prepared to do a rebuild on the 2se, or finish sourcing everything for my 3sge block to go in to it. but one or the other will be happening soon.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts