Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had to order a new hood and dont want to pay to get it painted since I plan on getting a new paint job next spring.. so I was wondering if there was anyway of spraypainting it or something.. or anycheap way of getting it gloss black without having to get a bodyshop to do it...

·
Know God. Work Hard.
4Runner
2,194 Posts
Go to an automotive shop.

Buy a spray can of Promoter. Buy sand paper. Buy 2 spray cans of your paint color and 2 cans of clear coat. If you PM me I can tell you how to do it all yourself and make it look professional. It will cost you around 90 bux all together.

·
Ford Powered
1999 Ford Mustang
439 Posts
hmmm...but spring is a long way away. he should do something now. HONDA RICER FLAT BLACK! thats the color to go.

·
Know God. Work Hard.
4Runner
2,194 Posts
UfoZ8myCow said:
whats wrong with matte black? ive seen some pretty sick cars that were painted matte black (Skunk2 Civic SiR from Civic Challenge)...
Zoni_Camry's bumper. lol

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well is there anycheap way to get it done around like 50 bucks or should I just wait till the spring and have it done right?

·
Naturally Aggravated
77 Posts
The rattlecan route will get you to spring, but it won't look very good and will require sanding off before real paint. Then again the primer that is on there will require some sanding anyway.

Y'know, I like the flat black on an old-school hot-rod, but newer cars, NO!:thumbdown

·
Know God. Work Hard.
4Runner
2,194 Posts
The spray can will last you about 1-2 years AT MOST. But it will give you pretty good results for the price your paying.

·
Ford Powered
1999 Ford Mustang
439 Posts
UfoZ8myCow said:
whats wrong with matte black? ive seen some pretty sick cars that were painted matte black (Skunk2 Civic SiR from Civic Challenge)...
i kno. i like the color. i wouldnt mind a flat black hood.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I think I'll keep it the matte black until spring because my cars already black so its no big deal if just the hood is dull looking to the rest until spring..

·
Registered
214 Posts
lol, leave it primered and write under konstruktion on it and then draw flames and penises...ultra hit with the ladies i promise

personally, i'd just leave a dark primer on there...what's the point if you're just gonna spray paint a flat black...save yourself 50bux lol

1 - 12 of 12 Posts