Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
93 honda del sol si
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well working on my car today i found out that one of my springs had cracked in the front and being that i bought these used i pretty much screwed. well any way a friend of mine has these new in the box for a corolla. does anyone know if these springs are any good or has any experience with them

·
The TN Member
ae101 levin&trueno
1,273 Posts
They look like King Springs which is a cheapish brand we get over here. The ae92 springs a reasonably good but the ae101 versions are rubbish, much too soft. They could be a different brand though, it's pretty hard to tell.

·
Registered
93 honda del sol si
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
not sure exact brand. their from nopi and seem to look really good dn't seem that soft to me but could be wrong

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
2,727 Posts
appearances can be deceptive. i've never seen nor heard of them, and i wouldn't put them on my car.

·
The TN Member
ae101 levin&trueno
1,273 Posts
What car are they for? My ae101 TRD springs (thats real TRD from japan) had 1 less coil on the fronts, which is a general indication of quality. Though again there can be alot of factors.

Put them in and try 'em out.

·
Registered
86 Posts
those things are on closeout now for like 125 or somthing...put them in give them a shot...they'll be better than your cracked spring now...

·
Sexy Run
183 Posts
I put on cheap 50 bux tommomsport coil springs on my 240sx and to tell the truth they worked great, almost like the teins I switched afterwards, but the most major problem with them is that they started to sag after a few months of use. So they could be pretty good... for the first few months.

·
4AFESPEED
93 Geo Prizm
269 Posts
I put the stock springs back on with 1/2 inch cut off.

I had some eibach springs, it rode like sheeot, so i took them off and put the stockers back on.

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
2,727 Posts
hmm...cut springs...dumb move. Tein springs are inexpensive. i don't understand why more people don't buy them.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts