Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Carzz R Xpensive!!111
1,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
help with my sterring wheel

id post a pic but i dont got one of the whole wheel it self, but anyway.

since i got in a crash a while back, my bags blew so im cutting them out instead of buying a whole new airbag system, so now i got them cut out and i got this big hole in my wheel, so i talked to an interior guy and he says he can re-cover it with some kind of fabric, but i need to get the cover off (the part that you press to engage the horn) and i can not even begin to get that thing off, NO CLUE lol

has anyone ever tried to get one of this things off or know how, it's not fun to attempt...

also if you have another suggestion of how to fix the hole it would be appreciated

·
Boondock Saint
280 Posts
You can just get a steering wheel from an older yota that doesn't have an airbag. To get the wheel off, just remove that front cover thing with the hole in it. then remove the 14mm steering hub nut. If u use a steering wheel puller it will make your life much easier. I have an 88 corolla gts three spoke wheel on my 89 camry and it looks perfect.

·
Carzz R Xpensive!!111
1,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah thanks, actually you know what i was orginally going to do?

i was actually going to put a little LCD tv screen in that hole, and i was going to go thru with it, but my parents wouldnt go for it....i think it would've looke nice....and very original...i mean how many people do you see with a tv in the steering wheel, not very many, cause most people have air bags there!!

but anyway, that plan is shot all to peices now.

thanks for help

·
Know God. Work Hard.
4Runner
2,194 Posts
felkajamine said:

i was actually going to put a little LCD tv screen in that hole, and i was going to go thru with it, but my parents wouldnt go for it....i think it would've looke nice....and very original...i mean how many people do you see with a tv in the steering wheel, not very many, cause most people have air bags there!!

thanks for help
LUdicrous has them in his car.....

·
The Asian Sensation
1996 Lexus SC300
904 Posts
felkajamine said:

thanks for help
you know how many cops you'd attract if you did that? i mean yeah it would be cool to have one but you'd probably get pulled over for that so many times regardless of whether its legal or not

·
97 BlackWidowed
camry
626 Posts
i think its kind of stupid.... i still dont understand the tvs in the headrests, for the back seats, thats just asking to get your car robbed

·
Carzz R Xpensive!!111
1,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well maybe i could just put a fake one in lol, one that looks like it works but doesnt...

yeah you guys are right...dumb idea lol

·
Registered
Camry
1,463 Posts
You might be able to get a real working one on ebay.
Def give it a shot.
Or shop a replacement steering wheel.
I have been looking for a decent 3 spoke Toyota wheel.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts