Toyota Nation Forum banner

Help with Power Steering problem

1168 3
Over the past year now i've begun to notice a problem in my power steering. Some morning's (ussually on colder nights, but it will happen on warm nights also) when I start up the car to head to work, the power steering doesn't seem to work. Also noticed that when ever it rains, and I either drive through some wet roads where some water my splash around my tires it goes out there also. It's been a pain in the ass the last few days with all the rain here in texas trying to make turns on and off the freeways in interstates! Was wondering if anyone has a clue as to what could be causing the powersteering to quit working breifly. For example, today I was taking my wife to the clinic and it's raining a bit heavy. I drove though a puddle of water that covered about half of the lane. Started to slow and make my turn about 10 feet past the puddle and steering was shot. I come out of the turn and steering is fine then.

so anyone got a clue?
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Moose crossing.......
93 Camry/95 Camry
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
is there anything I can do to correct this issue? Right now the water outside is starting to get real high....*hello flash floods!* I nearly stalled my car trying to get home today. But yea, is there anything I can do to correct that?

·
Gen 4 XLE v6
02 Toy Solara V6 MT
4,078 Posts
When was your PS belt changed (its a 12 bucks belt from the dealership). When i did my timing service...they don't charge additional labor to do this service...just the parts...It could your your PS pump...high pressure hose (giving out) and/or low PS fluid...OR A combo of a few problems above.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.