Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hi guys, as the title states, how difficult is it to replace the 1/4 panels and box sides on the earlier pickups? I'm not sure if theyre bolted or welded on. I know I can get panels in either steel or fiberglass, so I'm assuming with the fiberglass they must have bolt holes somehwere. Any help is appreciated. Ryan

·
Registered
41 Posts
Had the box off on my 84' and ended up just welding metal on the side, and cutting ou the box floor, and welding a replacement in. That was a fiar bit of work, but it ended up looking good. I know there are full replacement fiberglass boxes made in Westbank BC? They look good but are fairly pricey.

My buddy got a nice box off a 91' with a little damage, complete with tailgate and lights for a bout $200.

How much are the panels. Look around, and maybe you can find a complete box?

·
Supafly
1991 toyota pickup
4,401 Posts
by 1/4 panels Im assuming you mean fenders. They are very easy to change, unbolt + bolt up. Took me a few hours to replace my front and + fender after I smashed it.

Bed sides are ( I belive) spot welded but don't hold that to me. In anycase fiberglass bed sides need to be glued into place.

Canadian fiberglass - www.toyotafiberglass.com Rumor has it he is working on hi-clearance bed skins to match his hi-clearance fenders ;)

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies, thats what I was hoping for. I've got a friend I work with that has a shop rate on either metal or fiberglass panels. Good to hear its not a bad job. Thanks again. Ryan

1 - 4 of 4 Posts