Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I have been debating with my self 24 hours a day for 2 weeks straight on which rims to get. I really want to get 19's but 18's look like the better way to go. I am looking at the Kruz K-4's (www.kruzwheels.com) in 18. In chrome, I have a black 99 camry and the windows will be tinted, I will be throwing the 6 peice trd lip kit on her as well. Everyone keeps telling me to get silver over chrome though, I would like to hear your opinions on the rims please, I appreciate it guys. Thank you!

·
Registered
5 Posts
A friend of mine told me not to get chrome rims bcuz of the tendency to peel after awhile. Well, I didn't listen and after awhile, sure enough they started peeling. Now I only go for polished or silver rims.

·
Registered
123 Posts
If you get chrome rims and wash them once a week and put a wax and polish on them you won't have a problem with it peeling. I've had mine for a year or so now and wash them once a week and then wax them with Mothers wax and then put Mothers chrome polish on there and they look great.

·
Registered
123 Posts
hypr69 said:
A friend of mine told me not to get chrome rims bcuz of the tendency to peel after awhile. Well, I didn't listen and after awhile, sure enough they started peeling. Now I only go for polished or silver rims.
I saw that you live in Hawaii, the salt water probably has a lot to do with the chrome peeling on your rims.

·
S14 Fever :D
1993 Toyota Scepter
2,456 Posts
^
Thank You so much, someone that finally thinks like me. Chrome is heavy and pointless and it doesn't even impress anyone because all the rapper wannabe's are riding around trying to impress people with their gay chrome rims:thumbdown

Yeah some nice Gunmetal or Black rims would probably look good on your ride:thumbup: :)

·
Mad Scientist
94 scepter coupe
3,959 Posts
UfoZ8myCow said:
TRD kitted black gen 4 camry with big black rims and a nice polished, deep lip.
ooooh that would make his nicer than yours :lol: do it :D put Ufoz out of his misery:lol: make it a deep lip too cause that adds a whole lot of points...seriously it does:thumbup:

·
my name isn't really Bob
Solara
1,887 Posts
if you like the bling bling look then definitly go with some big chrome rims. these people are talking about LA and stuff, but yur in Edmonton, so youd have the blingingest (no that probly isn't a real word, i just made it up) Camry in town. and youd only have them on yur car for about 7 months max a year. so i say if it makes you happy then go for it. make sure to take some pics:D

·
Audiophile on a budget
1,196 Posts
In my opinion, any alloy 18"s would look nice. Get 'em powdercoated black and machine-polish the lip. ;)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.