Toyota Nation Forum banner

help with the law

718 5
ok. so i was driving my car (88 celica alltrac) with the temp plate on.. got pull over and was for ownership, Drivers licence, and insurance. i handed over eveything but the insurance becuase i forgot to put it in the car. so i got a $70 CAN ticket and was told that go to the court and show them my insurance and the ticket will be drop. is this ture? and if how what is involove when going to court?
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
TN Pussy Man
Camry
13,120 Posts
??

what's so confusing about it...?

basically, the cop was being nice when he said that if you bring your insurance to court, he'll ask the judge to drop the case...it's a hassle, but you got lucky...

technically, you're supposed to have proof of insurance w/ you at ALL times I think...

·
Know God. Work Hard.
4Runner
5,826 Posts
I got the same ticket because I handed him the OLD insurance card by accident.

Mail in the ticket with a letter from your insurance company. Case dismissed.

·
Premium Member
7,839 Posts
u are required by law to have a valid and current proof of insurance in ur car at all times....like eye8pussies said....its up to the POPO how nice they are in giving u a warning or a ticket...but in most cases the judge will dismiss the ticket if u go to court and show that u made a mistake and "forgot".....

·
Registered
232 Posts
I did the exact same thing. But I got pulled over for speeding and following to close to a police cruiser(according to them!)

And both time they gave me a ticket for failure to presenting my insurance papers. Set up a court date, and presented my papers and the prosecutor/judge dimissed the case.
Yah, i was lucky!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.