Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey awhile ago made a thread about putting rims on my gf's st. well now I did she's running on 16 inch rims. THe thing is there's still that nasty gap I wanna get rid of. Can you guys help me out by pointing me to the right direction. I need to know what companies make aftermarket springs or coilovers for a 90 celica st. I prefer coilovers so I can mess with the height. Also any good aftermarket shocks also? Links to online store would be helpful. Thanks in advance.

·
Thug Engineering ST185's
60 Posts
look for KYB shock is the main one UK swap to, but we end up importing them from your neck of hte woods and still as cheaap as the oem ones, if your stuck some guys have made these into "cheap" coil overs by grinding the bottom platform off and re-welding with a coil over kit from such places as e-bay, but you will have to play around with the spring rates to get it right

·
Registered
1990 Celica GTS
2,714 Posts
You don't need to cut anything to put in coilover. Just remove the spring and put the coil on the sturt. KYB is too soft for coilovers. Been there done that.
Coilover are stiff. If you need a comfort ride, don't get it.
I'm using Megun spring in my 90 GTS from ebay. Ride is ok. Let see if they'll last.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts