Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Base model 05' Taco
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to pull the door panel off to look at the speaker so I can decide if it is possible to make a mount for speakers that I already have. I can't get the door panel off!? I've got everything except it seems to be attatched by where the manuel window roll up thing is. Can anyone please help?

·
Registered
848 Posts
You should PM DroppedMyTaco, I'm pretty sure he has those wierd manual levers that move in a circular motion, and cause the window to move up, and down.

·
Registered
Base model 05' Taco
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
seriously though...what is the technical name for that little guy??

·
Registered
515 Posts
Here is how to remove the window crank. Position the crank so that it is pointing down. Then take a shop rag or a towel and slide the edge of the rag up from the bottom in between the crank and the white plastic washer. Pull up on both sides of the rag and rock it back and forth and you will see the clip pop up. Once the clip pops up you will be able to pull the handle off. Now snap the clip back on the crank handle. Then when you are ready to reinstall it just push it on. I make sure the window is all the way down and install the crank pointing down.

·
Toyota Parts Manager
138 Posts
We call those Jesus Clips...

When they pop off and the last thing you see out the corner of your eye is a little gold clip and all you can say is "Oh Jesus". Cause you know you're never going to find it.

LMAO!!!!!:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts