Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
08 XR
Matrix XR
672 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
listen.. i was trying to drive my gen 3 camry to go chill and then the car wouldnt shift out of park. when i turned on the car, it was at a high rev, it idles at around 1100 rpm and normally it was under 900. i checked to see if the brake lights were working or not, they werent. now which fuse do i take out from the area behind the "coin box" and what does it look like? i suspect its a blown fuse, what should i do to check? i tried using the shift lock override and even that wouldnt work. tell me what to do people. im in the 718 area if anyone wants to help, IM me at [email protected], i might need your help. help a fellow gen 3 driver out, i doubt its something major because i only have 47k miles on it.

·
Cressida nut
91 Pickup (Hilux)2wd
4,586 Posts
sounds like the brake sensor(?) is bad or misaligned. the sensor that detects when you press the pedal to turn on the lights and tell the tranny its ok to shift out of park.

·
08 XR
Matrix XR
672 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
blown fuse

so i checked this morning and it wasnt a blown fuse so im still going to try and fix it with the brake sensor that zoni told me to check. I HOPE ITS THAT. if not, who wants parts from a 43k gen 3 original motor original tranny? lol nah i aint that messed up

·
08 XR
Matrix XR
672 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
final

so i figured what happened. it turned out that the brake sensor didnt work. if you're taillights all turn off except for when you turn on your lights to the highest strength, your brake sensor is broken or malfunctioning. I had ideas that something was wrong and it finally did happen, luckily it wasnt so bad.

I'd like to says thanks to zonicamry and to the one that sent me to him for their help.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts