Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an awesome running 86 Toyota
Camry. The passenger side inner taillight housing and connectors are draining power blowing new bulbs and keeping my rear dash brake light on when my lights are on. When I disconnected that side's housing,all problems stopped. I honestly don't know the name of the part. It has Koito written on it. It's a white plastic component with grounds and connectors and wiring. It clips right into the back of the trunk. Does anyone know where I might could find a replacement? Gotta get home before it gets dark. In desperate need of taillight Help.

·
Registered
6,203 Posts
Check the loom of wires inside the trunk by the driver's side trunk hinge. Open up the loom and check for broken or frayed wires in there that may be touching each other. That is a common problem in all Camry models. That loom is subjected to lot's of flexing over the years as the trunk is opened and closed. Eventually some wires break and touch each other. Look specifically for the color of wires you see connected to that housing.

Mike

·
Kanmuri
1985 Camry MT, 2000 Explorer MT
331 Posts
I have an awesome running 86 Toyota
Camry. The passenger side inner taillight housing and connectors are draining power blowing new bulbs and keeping my rear dash brake light on when my lights are on. When I disconnected that side's housing,all problems stopped. I honestly don't know the name of the part. It has Koito written on it. It's a white plastic component with grounds and connectors and wiring. It clips right into the back of the trunk. Does anyone know where I might could find a replacement? Gotta get home before it gets dark. In desperate need of taillight Help.

I actually have a couple of these just laying around. Which side do you need and what's your location? If you can't find one locally let me know. Or if you'd like to try and fix yours I could try to help with that too but I think your idea is best to just replace it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts