Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help..... please, I am new to forums and to Supras, so first off a little about the car.
It is a 1988 MK3 3 litre injection model, I have only had the vehicle a couple of weeks and am now well bitten by the Supra bug..... I love it.

The fun and games began when I decided to investigate why certain electrical items did not work, like the interior light and cigar lighter. As my suspicions pointed out.... the idiot who fitted the stereo had cut numerous wires in order to locate a positive feed. So I set about correcting the damage, during which I blew a fuse ! After turning the car inside out I eventually found the fuse box, replaced said blown item and noticed that another fuse was missing altogether. This was replaced and wow the cruise control works and so does the power steering !!!
The problems i have is...... the interior light still does not work, how do you get it apart to circuit check and or replace the bulbs ? and finally I have a warning light that now comes on saying.... Antilock !....... why and how do i remedy this problem????

·
Got Hardass?
2,959 Posts
Honestly, your best best is to go to Supraforums.com or Supramania.com and ask. Toyota Nation is horrible when it comes to the Supra.

However, for the interior light, there is a cover over the actual mechanisim. If you look at the base of the lights of the edge where it faces forward, you should be able to slide a flat screw driver below the plate, pry a little and the cover will pop off. Often, the lights aren't getting a good ground this can be solved by opening up the lights (as I explained above) and cleaning every single contact you can find. If that doesn't work, try using a volt meter and see if the lights are indeed getting power.

The Anti-lock light could mean a number of things, if I recall it can store error codes and blink them back to you through that gauge light. However, as I don't have anti-lock brakes I don't recall. Try those forums I mentioned at the top. It can be anything from a blown fuse, to a blown ABS unit.

·
Registered
12 Posts
if you do a big brake upgrand (night pager with 300zx tt cliper etc. etc.) you can eliminate your ABS, however I do not know if come MOD time you will run in to complications.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts