·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

·
Registered
1999 Toyota Camry
565 Posts
Personally, i would go with the black rims with silver lips. But both look sweet. For your car, i would probably go with the gun metal

2005 Tacoma X-Runner
9,188 Posts
Also make sure you get bigger tires than the 205/40/17's that they are selling them with.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
i would if you would explain to me the reasons behind that please

oh yea. can someone explain to me the whole theory that everyone has been trying to state where you have bigger tires your speedo will be off and things like that. i've read some posts but it just didn't want to connect with me in the head. I've seen the miata site link as well and that made no sense to me what so ever either. thanks.

·
No Fat Bitches
2,044 Posts
The reason you need bigger tires is to fill up the fender gap. 205/40 are way too thin for a camry. You should get at least 215/45 that way the gap wouldn't be so big and the ride would be also be better with thicker tires.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well thats easy to understand. now whats all this about your speedo not reading the correct your driving due to rims. and what not ?

·
Registered
Camry
1,463 Posts
Its about rolling diameters.
A bigger rolling diameter will indicate a lower speed than actual and your car will be rolling with taller gearing.
A smaller rolling diameter will give you indicated speeds higher than real, with lower gearing.
So, using formula, if your standard rolling is 205/65 R15 than a close match will be 215/50 R17.
Bada bing

·
Rotor > Piston
91 Camry, 90 RX7
411 Posts
195 is width (in mm)
70 is the aspect ratio. This is a ratio of sidewall height to width

·
Grenaded piston
6,612 Posts
195 = width of tire.
70 = aspect ratio / height of the tire. In this case its 70% of 195.
14 = diameter of tire.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Those two wheels look pretty tight. I think the brands are alright for limited budget too. Good luck on your choice. And also, definately research your tires size. The correct tire size is crucial to filling the wheel/fender gap and having the car perfrom at it's full potential, also keeping the speedo in tune.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
well see here is the thing i emailed the people about the rims only. they say its just a package. you can't change the tire sizes the only thing i can do is upgrade to Z-rated tires. I love those rims but i can't get them in the tire size i want them. I'm planning on trying to buy the rims and sell the tires to someone currently.

but basiclly everyone is agreeing that 215/50R17 are good tire sizes for me? anyone know what decent all-season tires would cost me ?

·
Rotor > Piston
91 Camry, 90 RX7
411 Posts
check out www.tirerack.com. they have really good prices and customer service. Tires are probably in the $100 range for each tire.

I would recommend summer tires and winter tires. IMO All seasons do summer and winter pretty poorly.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
i've checked them out. good prices agreed but nothing close to the rims i want. which are black/gunmetal 5-7 spokes with a silver lip

can i get a picture of with like arrows pointing at the sidewalls

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
that side had ok deals. bigger selection and everythign. but no black/gunmetal rims with that lip i wanted.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts