Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
toyota camry
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my parking and interior lights are out .... maybe it burned out, fuse, or i need new bulbs? help!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Check the fuse box under the steering wheel.
Pull out the tray and on the back, it should have a sticker with all the fuses and what they are for.

It's most likely a blown fuse (15 amp) most likely coz that happened to me before. check the interior its either a 15 amp or a 20 amp fuse.

·
Registered
toyota camry
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
its just the interior its the out side lights too when you dirve at night the tails and the front two corners dont work wheres the fuse for that at?

·
Registered
173 Posts
The DRL relay, the master switch in the flasher harm, light relay ... but after that i dont know

Good luck!!

David

·
Registered
toyota camry
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i found the burned out fuse i put two 15 fuse in and less than 3 seconds it blew it so do i need a higher fuse or something is wrong with the wireing?

·
Registered
Highlander
1,474 Posts
Did you put in any aftermarket bulbs, relays, etc. before the problems arose?

·
Registered
toyota camry
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
no aftermarket bulbs except for some indiglows which those are pluged into another fuse had them about a year or so, i put in 2 -15amp fuse they just burned out in 3 seconds.

·
Registered
toyota camry
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
the car was shut off and i put a new fuse in then turn on parking lights and about 3 seconds again it blew. blew about 5 fuses already so i think its the wireing.

·
Registered
Highlander
1,474 Posts
spongebob said:
no aftermarket bulbs except for some indiglows which those are pluged into another fuse had them about a year or so, i put in 2 -15amp fuse they just burned out in 3 seconds.
Why do you have the Indiglos powered off another fuse? You're using fuse taps? Which fuse are you tapping off of?

·
Registered
toyota camry
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
the fuse tap to the indiglow is another fuse dont know which one but dont really mind that the thing is that i really need to fix it because i need to drive at night and have no parking lights.

·
Registered
750 Posts
So the fuse didn't blow when you opened the door (activating the dome light.) That should mean the short is in the park lights. I would have a look at the sockets first. Only one part should have cont. with ground. If they both do, that is where the short is.

·
Registered
Highlander
1,474 Posts
Disconnect the indiglo first and replace the fuses again to see if they pop. You should never tap into a fuse, or any other, to power something like indiglo gauges since they require a good amount of current.

·
Registered
toyota camry
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
there is nothing wrong with the indiglow and the fuse that i taped it on, the other fuse the parking light fuse/ interior the stop fuse thats the fuse that blows every time i put a new one in

1 - 20 of 28 Posts