Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Specs for far:

Here are some pictures of my current daily driver.
1988 3S-FE 5 Speed, 160,000 miles.
Strut tower bar from Lexus ES 250
16x7 rims
205/50-16 tires
Intrax springs
KYB struts
Whiteline front and rear sway bar
custom air intake scoop into factory box (really didn't notice a difference)
one piece bumper off 1990 wagon
black spray paint job, blacked out all chrome and badges
Tinted windows/A line
Silver star head lights
tercel wiper arms
Dynomax super turbo muffler (rest of exhaust is stock) with custom made exhaust tip (painted black with high temp spray paint)
custom rivet body work
vaccum-miles per gallon gauge
trailer hitch
front license plate under front bumper

This is a real worker. I've hauled a lot of stuff on my 5x8' utility trailer, and in the back of the car.

The best gas mileage I got was 458 miles on a tank (11.9 gallons) of gas = 38.48 miles per gallon. (not hauling a trailer, keeping as little weight as possible in the car...keep junk out of it.)

I've owned it 4 years. I put a timing belt on it...after it broke, stupid me. This is the only time the car has been towed. The right front caliper was leaking and over heated and ruined the wheel bearing. Needed new wheel bearing, put new front brake hoses on, new caliper, new pads and rotors. New drums and shoes in rear. New left and right half shafts. New "suspension" (read above). New plugs, wires, cap and rotor. New battery. New fuel filter. And the worst and longest job I ever did. One of the rear brake lines was leaking just under the back of the drivers door. So I decided to replace the two rear brake lines, Fuel supply, return and vent lines. I got the new 3/16" rear brake lines to the back of the car with out a splice, but had to cheat and go around the outer edge of the gas tank. I wasn't about to take the tank out if I didn't have to.

I wish I had a way to get a sample of how the exhaust sounds. It is just right. Not to loud for the open hatch design of the wagon. And if I drive it just right it will gurgal between shifts.

·
Registered
455 Posts
I like. I got a 90 wagon, auto though :( 245k. I wish I had some nice rims.

·
Registered
2020 DC Tundra
244 Posts
im loving the black. i want to go dark blue, a few shades darker than the interior with mine BUT im a poor college student and that wont happen soon...:lol:

·
Registered
91 Camry V6 LE
361 Posts
nice wagon

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks,

The aftermarket wheels really help the car, handling and looks. They are from wheels next. I'm really happy with the tire wear and wet/dry handling. The tires are Kumho Ecsta AST's. They are a good cheap tire, and I don't remember what brand rims. But I got the tires, rims, centering rings and some nice spline lugs with tool, and shipping for $730.00. I didn't think that was bad. My criteria when looking was, cheap and black with a chrome lip.

Here is what the car looked like at the end of the '08 last fall before the primitive body work, and paint job. I kept the chrome around the windows because it ties them together to look like one big window. With all the different stuff on the back hatch it was just too busy. Getting rid of the chrome on the back made it look more sleek. It was too broken up and looked like an "old guy" ride.

Busted Red and Rust!

·
Registered
91 Camry V6 LE
361 Posts
whoa that looks nice
talk about low
those rims would look nice on my camry but i dont wanna lower it

·
Toyota User
95 Camry Wagon
186 Posts
NICE! I like it, very hot. I miss my wagon, rust and all. The tint, black, and polished lip rims set that puppy off right. Lowering is really icing on the cake, though.

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The one hole on the driver side fender is the air cleaner/box scoop. Doesn't work the best, it is also still sucking from the stock tube. I experimented by blocking one or the other off.

I don't remember the offset of the wheels, I think they were 38mm. Next time I have one off I will get it to you. I'm a little too busy right now (I need to really clean the garage) to take the time to take a wheel off just to measure.

I agree tucking the tires would look good. But it is a daily driver and I tow a trailer sometimes and put a lot of weight in tools in the back at times. And this will really take the car down in the back.

I never considered the ES 250 bumper. I didn't know it would fit, know I'm curious, there is one in the salvage yard near me. I will have to see if I can find a picture of one online.

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I did look up a picture of the ES 250 front bumper. It does look a lot smoother on the car. I've thought many times of doing something different with the front bumper. But I like it the way it is for one reason, because I can have my front license plate under the bumper. It has to be on where it live. I've been pulled over before in my last wagon. The is the last thing I need is a nosy cop pulling me over and questioning my car. So I put the plate on there. It is easy to see from a distance, but up close to the car it is less noticeable.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts