Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Corolla S
2009 corolla Sport
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Awesome day today, just got the inserts painted so i figured i'd put it in show mode today for all to see! It's pretty much finished my first stage of mods. Anymore and my mileage and comfort will suffer! Its not as nice as Wonderboys, but i am happy with it.

lowered 2 inches all around, Progress technology, 30% stiffer, still manageable

Tinted all around, window visors, undercoating, paint coating, fabric coating, antirust, hood deflector

zinik 18 inch Z27 on falkens with custom blue inserts (for show, a bit delicate so i will likely not use em anymore)

auto art pen, psp, gps dock plate for Tomtom XL 330S

Momo performance boot and momo GTR shift knob

Toyota sport pedals. Damn hard to install!!!

Blue under seat/dash neons all around

Weapon-R SRI intake, TSB oil consumption flash, Hyper force ignition tuning kit

Upcoming mods: Short shifter, ecu reflash, more MOMO stuff, more painting, Pioneer or alpine deck??, rearview attachment, import model...preferably hot.

I also want to see if this thing will break down while under warranty!! Comments welcome!

·
uh..no, it's not a hybrid
3,486 Posts
That is a lot of blue in one package....cool though, I knew it was CDN right off the bat after seeing the hood deflector :cool:

·
How Low Can You Go
09 Toyota Corolla S
57 Posts
nice ride. i like the wheels. diff. can't go wrong with blue neon. heres mine. nothing crazy. just the basics to keep it clean. lowered 3.5 inch in the front and 4.5 inch in the rear. sitting 3 inchs off the ground. tucking tire. tint , 18 inch wheels and debadged to clean up the trunk. see more on my page on cardomain
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3077866

·
Corolla S
2009 corolla Sport
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
I dont have the part number for the pedals, i threw away the box.

Weapon R wasn't hard to install, it was just McGyvering the brackets to hold the intake cause the instructions just suck. It feels torquier, and louder for sure, but i still have trouble telling if the car is on at all!!

Ah dumpedcorolla, now that is really really low. I hate to say it, but at that low point, it has a chubby characteristic.

·
How Low Can You Go
09 Toyota Corolla S
57 Posts
MXS funny you say it looks chubby. your the second person out of 153 comments to say that. i dont see it but thats cool lol. yea its low but when i see other corollas who used just the lowering coils it looks like a stock xrs height almost. not sure how you can say i have small wheels when we both have 18 inch? i've seen 19 and 20's lol wow to much looks stupid. you say you dont look as good as wonderboy but you have the twin to his car if you took the plastic shields off on the hood and window. i think with all the inside stuff done your better then his.

·
Corolla S
2009 corolla Sport
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
LOL, its just so low, thats all. and because its so low, it makes the wheels look a little smaller.

20s on a corolla are just silly.

Yes!! but he works for toyota, kinda unfair. Can't beat em, join em.

·
Registered
Toyota Corolla 2009
42 Posts
I dont have the part number for the pedals, i threw away the box.

Weapon R wasn't hard to install, it was just McGyvering the brackets to hold the intake cause the instructions just suck. It feels torquier, and louder for sure, but i still have trouble telling if the car is on at all!!

Ah dumpedcorolla, now that is really really low. I hate to say it, but at that low point, it looks kinda cute. Its like a chubby car with small tucked in wheels, u just wanna pinch its cheeks! But yours looks pretty sweet. I really like the white color and the clean look!

Is there any way you can post some pics or a video on how you installed it? i plan on buying that intake later on.

·
How Low Can You Go
09 Toyota Corolla S
57 Posts
MXS: its cool. yea that'd be nice to work for toyota. i knew someone that did and got the 09 for around 11,000. lucky fucker. took a second look and saw you have door molding? odd never seen one with that. anyway keep the car nice. see ya

oh maybe you dont care lol but here is why its so low. i wanted something the others dont have to be diff.

·
Registered
400 Posts
man im liking that setup! i wish i had the moola to do it..

·
Corolla S
2009 corolla Sport
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Just some old blue cold cathodes i bought for my computer.

As for installing the SRI, its not too hard to install, i dont think it necessitates a tutorial. You just have to find a way to mount the brackets to the airbox housing screws by bending it into place and securing it to the filter. Then just really tighten the rubber adapters to the intake inlet so it doen't fall off.

·
Corolla S
2009 corolla Sport
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
How did you install them and where do you plug the into?
use the cig lighter wire which is grey (+) and white/black stripe (-). Theres already a a free plug there so you just have to insert the pins or buy the plug but i dont know what its called or what type (no cutting involved). I just hanged the cathodes off the frame or wires since they aren't that heavy or big with twist ties. Then wire a switch over to the console or under the temp controls. I'll show u what i did later on. I think its pretty clever.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.