Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Still driving our '92 Camry LE 4 cyl (original owners). Going down Monday to test drive the '07 hybrid. I suspect technology has changed a bit during the last 15 years? :whatwhat:

We avg about 24-27 mpg with the '92.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
kriskraut said:
You're gonna love it. What color are you looking for?
Dunno. This will be the wife's car. She's not happy "I" decided it was time to "invest" in a new vehicle so I suppose she gets to choose the color. She hates green (although she is a died-in-the-wool GB Packers fan). I prefer colors such as silver, gold or blue metallics.

We do live in a cold climate (Minnesota) and are a little concerned about hybrid performance in colder weather. I fly radio controlled model airplanes and am very familiar with NiCD, NiMH and Lithium battery technologies.

I'm supposed to get a fleet discount via my employer but will see how much this dealer budges.

·
Registered
2007 THC
94 Posts
only 1300 tax break rite now, due to gas prices under $2 a gallon, I have been told luther is discounting 3500 so now is time to buy, no more MSRP bull crap.:)

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
regal1945 said:
only 1300 tax break rite now
Yeah, but even that expires 04/01/2007.
due to gas prices under $2 a gallon, I have been told luther is discounting 3500 so now is time to buy, no more MSRP bull crap.:)
I've always been pretty countercyclical. It should be a very good time to buy a hybrid. May not be the best time to own one but it is pretty satisfying to running around in an enviromentally green piece of transportation. I did mention I switched to compact fluorescent bulbs in most of the main household fixtures, right?

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
UPDATE:

How does the TCH handle in the snow? I ask because we now have a winter weather advisory in our area with up to 7" of snow accumulating tonight and into tomorrow morning. Tomorrow morning being when we were supposed to test drive a TCH. :whatwhat:

One of the primary features I'm looking for in a new vehicle (or current newest ride is now 15 years old) is the electronics of Vehicle Stability Control.

·
Registered
2007 THC
94 Posts
:lol: Pulled ot of denver a week ago, went thru 33in without a spin of a tar!!! lot of slush packed between tars and fenders, skid control takes over and you cannot slide to save your face lol.:lol: :lol: :lol:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts