Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
are you sure i can put the 3sgte and trany from a mr2 in my 90 gts? this is my new ? how can i take a trany from a mid engine car and put it im my fwd car?
i think i can do it and i have seen were people say they have done it. i found a crashed mr2 at the junkyard with the 2.0 turbo i can get the engine and trany for 300$$ i can get everything for 400$$ the odometer says it has 98,000 miles on it. Is this the car i want as my doner car? thanks

·
Registered
18 Posts
have you ever seen any of the teckademics films? one of the main characters little brothers has a 1994 mr2 with a celica motor and transmition. What is wrong with your transmition? anyways try it, and if all else fails you have a 2.0l turbo that you can rebuild and instal in something else at a later date.

·
Alltrack Wannabe
639 Posts
Hey.
I'm flattered that you asked for me by name :p
Thanks Gary. :)
I hope that answered your first question? If not, post up! :)

You might as well do the manual swap now, if your going to pull the engine. The MR2 is a pain to do anyways, so....

However, you will need the clutch pedal, master cyl, COMPLETE clutch line, brackets for said line, complete shifter assy, shift cables, and you will have to drill hole for the pedal and possibly cables in order to do this swap.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.