Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a kicker xs100 here are the stats
50x2 @ 4 ohms
125x2 @ 2 ohms
250x2 @ 1 ohm
500x2 @ 0.5 ohms
1000x1 @ 1 ohm bridged
http://ampguts.realmofexcursion.com/Kicker_XS100/

now ive read on the internet that this amp is pretty damn good but i hook it up to my sub and its just the same as my PYLE 600watt amp. wtf. i think it may have to do with my sub, i think i have it wired so the ohms are different however forgot what i did. i ran a wire from the pos of one sid to the other then the neg to one side to the other then ran a wire to the + - on the box . is this the reason why im not thumping?

i have a rockford fosgate punch HX2
rms 150 - 500
1000 peak
impendence 4 ohms
http://www.crutchfield.com/App/Product/Item/Main.aspx?i=575RFD2212&tp=111&tab=features_and_specs

·
TN Pussy Man
Camry
13,302 Posts
well, since you're asking this question, I presume that you don't know much about audio, and thus, that you don't know how to tune your amp/sub setup to its full potential...

but regardless of that....long story short, the lowest impedance that you can run your sub at is 2ohms, which means that even when bridged, your amp can only put out 500w...and that's presuming that it's rms. also, since the kicker is a 2channel, from my personal experience, 2 channel class A/B/AB amps are great for response and quality in bass, but never quite the same as a D class for low hitting, so depending on what your old pyle amp did, I wouldn't be surprised if it didn't sound any different really.

just big numbers on an amp really means very little.

I think you need to do some more research on audio to figure out what the best combination for your amp or sub may be

·
Registered
camry v6 xle
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks bro, im trying to learn all the stuff but theres so much i think im getting a little better at understanding it all just idk i just want to feel and hear the music.

·
OldSchool Yota Enthusiast
170 Posts
Thanks bro, im trying to learn all the stuff but theres so much i think im getting a little better at understanding it all just idk i just want to feel and hear the music.
Maybe get another rockford fosgate punch HX2 sub since you have 2 amps now and run it off your pyle. 2 amps and 2 subs...that would have to give you more bass:) idk...just a thought

·
Radio, this is Unit 91...
1993 Camry LE AT
848 Posts
I just bought a kicker xs100 here are the stats
50x2 @ 4 ohms
125x2 @ 2 ohms
250x2 @ 1 ohm
500x2 @ 0.5 ohms
1000x1 @ 1 ohm bridged
http://ampguts.realmofexcursion.com/Kicker_XS100/

now ive read on the internet that this amp is pretty damn good but i hook it up to my sub and its just the same as my PYLE 600watt amp. wtf. i think it may have to do with my sub, i think i have it wired so the ohms are different however forgot what i did. i ran a wire from the pos of one sid to the other then the neg to one side to the other then ran a wire to the + - on the box . is this the reason why im not thumping?

i have a rockford fosgate punch HX2
rms 150 - 500
1000 peak
impendence 4 ohms
http://www.crutchfield.com/App/Product/Item/Main.aspx?i=575RFD2212&tp=111&tab=features_and_specs
No offense, but it's not very easy to understand how you have it wired.

If you wire it the way I have labeled, then it should push 250W (at the 4 ohms). If it doesn't sound better than your Pyle, then maybe your Pyle isn't such a "pile". Oh I kill me! :lol:

Edit: I just caught the fact the sub is a dual voice coil! My bad....brb with another diagram......

Ok:

This is a DVC sub wired parallel. That drops the 4 ohm z on each coil down to 2 ohms......thus effectively "doubling" power. So it sounds like you did it right. Like I said, maybe the Pyle didn't totally suck.

·
Registered
camry v6 xle
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

well i found a diagram that shows how to diagram it to 1 ohm however im just going to play around with the ohms. i found some diagrams at crutchfield so im gonna test it out today however this damn snow wont let me caus ethe damn highways are shutdown and i need some more wire

·
TN Pussy Man
Camry
13,302 Posts
since your sub is dual 4 ohms, there is no way to run your amp at 1ohm.. in your diagram, our sub will still run at 2 ohms

the only way to run your amp at 1 ohm would be to get another sub (with dual 4 ohm coils) and then run it in parallel to your current sub

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.