Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ME: i'm a 27 year old teacher and I just bought a 1988 Toyota Corolla last year.

MINES: 1988 Toyota Corolla 1.6 litre 16 valve over head cam, aside from that nothing special. front wheel drive 128,000k
MODS: switch over to twin cam perhaps trade this for a hatchback and similar model and move the radiator to the back of the car so I can fit a larger engine in the front. aside from that adding a bit of a stereo, nothing big. going to add some underlights and definetly repaint to black. i'll add some performance parts, but to be fair i don't know too much about the effects they can have and how to work around to support them. hmm. next to that i'm up for ideas. essentially i want it to be like a few modded tempo's I've seen. essentially i'm using it to learn more about working with rebuilding engines and so on.

a curious question. why does insurance cost more depending on the color of your vehicle? at least in ontario.

indeed.

-mike

·
Premium Member
'96 Camry XLE
11,248 Posts
I called my insurance company here on Connecticut to ask for a quote on a new car. They said if I get a red car I would pay more. Their resoning???? If you drive a red car, it means sporty and fast, so they assume you are going to do stupid stuff in it. Does not make much sense really.

·
Registered
37 Posts
kinda does actually. red is the anthem color of most fast-bred cars.

ferrari, dodge... etc. etc.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts