Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I recently purchased a 35w HID 6000k set for my 2003 Camry. I tried installing them last night but they wouldn't turn on. I know for a fact that there isn't any issues with the HID kit since I tested it out on two of my friend's accords. I even tried using their HID kits(same brand and model) on my Camry, but they still wouldn't turn on. Is there something like a voltage regulator or some sort that's preventing the car from letting the lights turn on?

This is a picture of the HID kit I'm trying to use on my Camry:

I have the car hooked up to the ballast, and the ballast hooked up the bulbs. The set up should be correct since I used the same set up on my friend's cars and it worked for them.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Positive negative? Could you be more specific? I believe the positive and negative on my wiring harness should be correct, they only connect in one way. And what do you mean by cutting the guard with a dremel? I'm pretty confused lol.

·
Maven
3,070 Posts
If you don't understand the concept of positive and negative then perhaps you are in over your head and need to leave it to someone else.

·
Registered
08 Camry
217 Posts
i have the same apexicone kit and it works fine for me on my gen 6. if you feel you're doing everything right and it's not working properly i would suggest that you double check all your connections.

make sure you're actually connecting to the low beam. and make sure the lights aren't on AUTO if there is much ambient light.

Good Luck

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for all the responses. jayrguidaben, your reply hit the nail on the head, all we had to do was cut the guard and plug it in upside down.

What confused me was that I plugged it in right side up on my old '92 camry, and it worked, so I thought it required a voltage regulator or something to get it to work. Never thought that the newer gen Camrys would have the positive and negative flipped around.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts