Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Sienna XLE Ltd.
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I like some of the Sticky threads that benefit all throughout their ownership of their vehicles, as these three do.

*Gen2 Sienna DIYs

*Library of 2nd Generation (2004-2010) Documentation

*Alignment specifications

On the other hand, these two for new members won't ever be opened again once a member has read them and it would be great if they could go invisible once we've opened and read them through.

*Official New Member Introduction Sticky
*New Member Links and Information

·
2015 4 Runner SR5
3,649 Posts
I like some of the Sticky threads that benefit all throughout their ownership of their vehicles, as these three do.

*Gen2 Sienna DIYs

*Library of 2nd Generation (2004-2010) Documentation

*Alignment specifications

On the other hand, these two for new members won't ever be opened again once a member has read them and it would be great if they could go invisible once we've opened and read them through.

*Official New Member Introduction Sticky
*New Member Links and Information
Hi Shinmai -

I think what you are asking is if some stickies remain visible while others go invisible once a member reads them, correct? The two you reference to go invisible would not be the best idea; members may want to recognize and say hi to other new members, so if it went dark after you read it then you would never know when a new person arrived, defeating one of its purposes. And the Links and Info threads in the vehicle areas are not necessarily static, they should get updated time to time with new info and links. Again, if it went dark after you read it once then it would not serve its purpose.

When no new information has been posted to a thread it remains a grey color. When a new post hits a thread it turns to black - that is a good way to know if there may be something there you may want to read...

·
Registered
2005 Sienna XLE Ltd.
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I guess that maybe what I really wish is that I could choose what shows up when I'm looking for fresh topics rather than seeing the Sticky threads every time.

Anyway, I see why they're up there now.

·
Super Moderator
12,811 Posts
I guess that maybe what I really wish is that I could choose what shows up when I'm looking for fresh topics rather than seeing the Sticky threads every time.
I know what you're saying, but we have no way to control it like that.

What SFCamry wrote is what I do; just look for threads with black, bold font. When you've read all the threads you care to, then click on "Forum Tools", "Mark This Forum Read", which will turn them all grey, so the next time you login, you can easily see any threads with new posts, including the ones stickied.
When no new information has been posted to a thread it remains a grey color. When a new post hits a thread it turns to black - that is a good way to know if there may be something there you may want to read...

·
Registered
2005 Sienna XLE Ltd.
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I know what you're saying, but we have no way to control it like that.

What SFCamry wrote is what I do; just look for threads with black, bold font. When you've read all the threads you care to, then click on "Forum Tools", "Mark This Forum Read", which will turn them all grey, so the next time you login, you can easily see any threads with new posts, including the ones stickied.
Thanks to both of you for taking the trouble to respond and I guess I'm just going through the growing pains of joining a new forum. We get used to the forums we know and it just takes a little while to adjust.

·
2015 4 Runner SR5
3,649 Posts
Thanks to both of you for taking the trouble to respond and I guess I'm just going through the growing pains of joining a new forum. We get used to the forums we know and it just takes a little while to adjust.

:thumbsup:

This does not specifically address brand new threads that may be of interest, but:

Wen you find a thread you like and want to follow, you can subscribe to it on one of two ways: place a response, or click the THREAD TOOLS menu option (red tool bar) then click the 'Subscribe to this thread' link. Now you can click the blue link 'Subscriptions' that is to the right of your user name under the main site menu bar. You get a list filtered on all those threads you have subscribed to. Guys like me, that respond to posts all over the site: that is the only way I can keep up with the replies and such.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts