Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have 2009 Corolla Sport White in color and want 6000k HID's on my car.

Can someone who already has one installed and are satisfied with the results tell me what brand/ type/ and where they bought it?

Thanks!

And also note if they were relatively easy to install for someone who has no experience with these things.

·
Registered
2009 Corolla XRS!
976 Posts
Hi,

I have 2009 Corolla Sport White in color and want 6000k HID's on my car.

Can someone who already has one installed and are satisfied with the results tell me what brand/ type/ and where they bought it?

Thanks!

And also note if they were relatively easy to install for someone who has no experience with these things.
It's relatively easy to install because it is straight plug 'n play. I've installed mine when I got my car. However, it did give a lot of glare and I had to take them out...While the light gave excellent output, but the glare was too much.

You may want to browse around the forum and look for photos.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Has anyone installed any specific brand and make of HID lights that did not give unbearable glare?

anyone??

·
Banned
241 Posts
Has anyone installed any specific brand and make of HID lights that did not give unbearable glare?

anyone??
I got the McCulloch 6000K HID kit from xenonking.com, then using the coupon code of "xkyahoo" for 20% off. The installation was super easy. Although I removed my bumper to install the ballast in a location where they wouldn't be seen.

Hope this Helps

Oh, And I have never had any problems with glare. It has been tested by my friend and I. No blinding.

Here is where I installed the ballast

To the left of the intake filter.

·
Registered
2009 Corolla XRS!
976 Posts
As for those HID kits, 95% of them come from China.

I'm just borrowing the photo from another user (Punks_Not_Dead5) re: HID and glare...

If your HID halogen setup can get as good as this, then you should install it!

Well here's a photo of my setup with HID...Need I say more?

|-Goku-|: Mind showing us a photo of your HID light?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I got the McCulloch 6000K HID kit from xenonking.com, then using the coupon code of "xkyahoo" for 20% off. The installation was super easy. Although I removed my bumper to install the ballast in a location where they wouldn't be seen.

Hope this Helps

Oh, And I have never had any problems with glare. It has been tested by my friend and I. No blinding.

Here is where I installed the ballast

To the left of the intake filter.
Hey Goku,

If I get the same HID kit as you, can it be installed without taking the bumper off? And did your package come with an instruction manual?

I might get yours since you have experienced it and say there isnt glare.

How long have they been running with no problems for?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sorry, one more question.. I'm on the xenonking.com site

what's the difference between Bi Xenon HID kit and Single beam HID kit?

Which one am I looking to get?

·
Banned
241 Posts
Hey Goku,

If I get the same HID kit as you, can it be installed without taking the bumper off? And did your package come with an instruction manual?

I might get yours since you have experienced it and say there isnt glare.

How long have they been running with no problems for?
It can be installed without taking the bumper off, if you want to install the ballast at a different location. But I like things hidden and clean, so I decided to take off the bumper

And I have been running them for about 2 months no problem. But the reason I got this HID Kit is because I heard they were built really well, and High quality.

Also, did you get anything for the fog lights?

If so, which ones?
Haven't done anything with the foglights, I personally don't think it will do much. But I could be wrong

Sorry, one more question.. I'm on the xenonking.com site

what's the difference between Bi Xenon HID kit and Single beam HID kit?

Which one am I looking to get?
Bi-Xenon kit is for cars that have the high beam, and low beam in one bulb. We have the Single beam lights. So you need a 9006 Single Beam :)

Hope I answered your questions

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It can be installed without taking the bumper off, if you want to install the ballast at a different location. But I like things hidden and clean, so I decided to take off the bumper

Haven't done anything with the foglights, I personally don't think it will do much. But I could be wrong

Bi-Xenon kit is for cars that have the high beam, and low beam in one bulb. We have the Single beam lights. So you need a 9006 Single Beam :)

Hope I answered your questions
Very Very very helpful!
So since you didn't do anything with the fog lights..does the coloring match after you changed to HID's? I would think the 6000k color wouldn't match the stock fog lights..or do they??

okk.. also, it seems as xkyahoo isn't working as a coupon code..is there a reason? or did it just expire :sosad:

·
Banned
241 Posts
Very Very very helpful!
So since you didn't do anything with the fog lights..does the coloring match after you changed to HID's? I would think the 6000k color wouldn't match the stock fog lights..or do they??

okk.. also, it seems as xkyahoo isn't working as a coupon code..is there a reason? or did it just expire :sosad:
The coloring is off. the fogs are a little more yellow. But I will be switching my fogs out soon, so It should match once its done

And it looks like the coupon code expired :(

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
hmm. i know the fog lights are H11's.

I suspect I don't need another kit for the fog lights do I?
Comes out to be quite pricy if it does..:eek:

·
Banned
241 Posts
You would need a whole second kit if you wanted to do the Fog lights too

BTW here is a picture of the same HID's on another 2009 Corolla

1 - 20 of 28 Posts