Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
sup fellas i just wanna know what you guys think i should do. i ordered a scion tc...well actually reordered cause i didn't want the cherry red but my question is...do you guys think i should get hids for my 03 corolla if imma only have it for 2 more months and then pass it on to my momma? lol and wouldn't the DRL's drain the life outta my hids if i get them? thanks!

·
^
4,197 Posts
HID's draw less power than halogen bulbs so no, it would drain your battery. And if you're giving the car away, whats the point? You could grab some parts for the tC instead.

·
Official TN dude
61 Posts
depends on what u want. If u just want that "cool" look just get some ricer bulb for the two months, then re-install stock bulb when u give the car to ur mom.

·
The Return of the Red Coupe
2010 RAV4 V6
19,669 Posts
lumsifu said:
sup fellas i just wanna know what you guys think i should do. i ordered a scion tc...well actually reordered cause i didn't want the cherry red but my question is...do you guys think i should get hids for my 03 corolla if imma only have it for 2 more months and then pass it on to my momma? lol and wouldn't the DRL's drain the life outta my hids if i get them? thanks!
Same thing happened to me when I ordered my brand spanking new Gallardo, I started pondering.. hmm.. should I get 16's or 17 inch rims on my Corolla before I give it to my 10yr old bro. :lol:

·
Registered
5 Posts
I had HIDs in my Civic for 8 months. I just sold them a couple of days ago. 1st of all, you lose DRL and high beams (unless you have separate high beam bulbs - Civic uses a hi/lo beam bulb - H4). It's not worth it for 2 mos. :disappoin

1 - 6 of 6 Posts