Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
omg jdm
2,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to have quite a system in the mister2... and I was wondering, do they make high amp alternators for the car? More specifically, a 1989 MR2 with a 20v? I know they made them for my Camaro, just no idea about imports!

·
Registered
32 Posts
that is so tough to find. I certainly havn't seen any for that application. but if you find the manufactureer fo the stock piece usually DENSO odds are u might be able to interchange one that will be more suitable for ur application. Also running an extra sealed battery will help.

·
Registered
32 Posts
yes, it does actually. usually not for a very long period of time though. so try and have a spare one laying around just in case. Go the spare battery route you will be happy also consider capacitors that store power inline to the amps etc this will net the best results.

·
omg jdm
2,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ahh ok. This will hopefully be in car shows and audio shows, so I'll have to look into this. Glad I did the engine swap... otherwise I'd never be able to lug this crap around! lol

·
i overtake on roundabouts
1987 Toyota AW11 Mr2
28 Posts
buy a universal 120amp Bosch unit, they are prity easy to fit and the wiring is simple.

·
i overtake on roundabouts
1987 Toyota AW11 Mr2
28 Posts
tried Bosch on google?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.