Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
I recently noticed my DRLs and high beams weren't working anymore. The blue light on the instrument panel comes on whenever I put the stalk into the high beam or flash to pass position, but no lights. The 5A DRL fuse under the hood is ok, but im not sure what relays I should take a look at (if any).
I read on here that if one high beam burns out, then both are non-functional. Is this accurate? I don't really drive my car much due to a medical suspension, so perhaps it might be that both high beam bulbs are actually burnt out, and I just didn't notice.
I did check the forums, but there seems to more info about headlight mods than actual info about high beam/DRL issues.
Thanks in advance for any advice, counsel or hate mail.

2003 Aspen Green Camry V6 LE (4 speed auto)

·
Mechanic by Necessity!
99 Posts
When I had the same symptoms, both bulbs were out. I always replace the bulbs in pairs anyway. It's amazing how close the timing of when bulbs will go out. Cheers!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
When I had the same symptoms, both bulbs were out. I always replace the bulbs in pairs anyway. It's amazing how close the timing of when bulbs will go out. Cheers!
Yup, you were exactly right cprcubed! Both high beam bulbs were out! Thanks!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts