Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We changed the relay and the high beams are not working. All other lights work. The high beam indicator (blue) light inside on the dash comes on when the car is turned off and stays on until the car is started again. What is the fix?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for your reply.
No I don’t have any knowledge of that type of thing.
I just had not headlights at all and I got a new relay and I put it in. Now I have lowbeam and no high beams.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes the headlights went out. No high or low beams. Relay was very hot. It melted some of the cover.

·
13,508 Posts
Welcome to the forums! :)

Did you git an aftermarket relay or OEM one? What is the part number of the original relay? ;)

It's possible that the wiring harness may be damaged. Have you carefully inspected it fer any damage? Has this vehicle been in an accident before? ;)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you for your replay
OEM Relay
Front end damage from hitting a deer.
Replaced the grill and headlight.
Both high and low beams worked at first.
Then the high beams went out.
Then all the headlights went out.
Then after the new relay was put in the bright light indicator light (blue) on the instrument panel stay illuminated the entire time the key is off.
But it goes off after I start the van.

·
13,508 Posts
I would go over the wiring harness very carefully to make sure it wasn't damaged during the accident. It would be easy fer the wiring to git nicked and some part of the wiring harness is bleeding current over to another circuit that shouldn't be energized. ;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts