Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My stock cat broke recently and makes this noise. I was wandering what would be the best fit for high flow catalytic converter, I have 97 camry 2.2L. I was thinking of just taking it to the welding shop and cuting out old cat and replacing it with some hi flow, not sure wich one will fit the best. And I have limited budget as well any suggestions. thanks -Greg.

BTW what generation toyota do I have? Also tell me if I don't make any sence.

·
Registered
102 Posts
First I would make sure its the cat. I had damage done to my ehaust pipe by a curb and it its the flex pipe that is damaged. So just advising you to take anotehr look.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Most CATs nowadays are high flow anyway. They use honeycomb design with a large space in the center. It's not like 10+ years ago when pellet type CATs were the norm.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Find the same size pipe as whats in it. dry fit and have an exhaust shop weld it up.Dont buy a 10 dollar ebay piece of crap though, it will rot out quick and wont pass emissions.You might want to replace the flex fitting/pipe while the pipe is out or while car is on a lift.It only costs 15 bux and will save you having to redo all of this again later when it gives, and it will.

use quality parts maybe not oem but DO NOT use aluminized junk you will be watsing time/money/and effort.

·
86 Celica Gt driver
427 Posts
I have failed the e-test with my 93 V6 LE, the mechanic told me that the cat needed to be changed. I have checked the price of a Cat from dealer, it costs around [email protected]@@ I am currently looking for that cats out of a wrecked camry V6. What will be better, get a high flow cat or keep looking for a used factory cat? What does a high flow cat do? can it pass e test, I live in Ontario.

·
Registered
1998 Camry CE
2,072 Posts
Get yourself a magnaflo stainless cat, I've seen them for about $80 CDN or so at CTC.

·
Yota4Life
1993 Toyota Camry
192 Posts
Well I have a catco hi flow cat. Of course i have a 2.5 inch exhaust from catback, but my cat ran only about 50 bux from summit racing. So i'd jump on their website or if there is one that is closer to you check with them.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts