Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So after driving the car around, and engine is already at normal operating temperature. Shutting the engine off, walk away under 5 minutes. Coming back and start the car, the vehicle would idle over 1k rpms for at least 15 seconds. Are you guys experiencing this? I find it odd because regardless of the ambient temperature, the vehicle thinks it is cold, so it fast idles over 1k rpm.

·
Registered
6 Posts
correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe it's the engine cleaning itself from any carbon build up since it's a direct injection and port injection engine

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So does this only happens to Toyota GDI? Because I Dont have this problem with the Honda GDI non turbo.

Fast idle at early morning I would say normal. But fast idle after driving coming up to normal operating temp, and engine restart that is above 1k rpms for 15 secs is odd.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Honda gdi's only have one fuel delivery system. That's why it doesnt fast idle in the same way as the toyota one since there's two fuel delivery systems and they work together to burn off carbon build up

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Honda gdi's only have one fuel delivery system. That's why it doesnt fast idle in the same way as the toyota one since there's two fuel delivery systems and they work together to burn off carbon build up
Thanks for the info. Can you share where did you source your information? Thanks.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts