Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
85 pickup, 22r, carb When I come to a stop, depress the clutch, the engine will stall, OR just idle high. No tach, but it sounds to be around 1500. Wondering if the stalling has to do with a vacuum problem. just depressing the clutch at any other speed, not hitting the brakes, there is no problem, just wants to idle high. My temp sensor is acting funny too, no clue if that would affect the idle

Any ideas?

·
Soylent Green sales
rock crawler
12,801 Posts
If it were a 22RE, they are symptoms of low coolant level.
On a 22R it's hard to say.

·
Registered
1 Posts
yeah, my LN65, 86 pickup Diesel does this as well, but generally only after going up hill. you can also feel it "dying" as you go up the hill, just becoming completely gutless. I think it may be air getting into the system somewhere, cause if you hand pump the air pump to purge air, its ok for a while, but I'm not sure this is the problem or if it is, what to do to fix it, so If anyone knows?

·
Registered
21 Posts
On my 1980 20R there was a ground wire in the carb "run-on" solenoid circuit. The solenoid was designed to keep the truck from dieseling after you turned the key off. The solenoid started to stall the truck on it's own until I ran a nice new clean ground from the chassis directly to the solenoid

1 - 4 of 4 Posts