Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hey guys, im new here..
im more of a supra guy, i was suppost to purchase a MKIV Twin Turbo 6 speed not too long ago.. but got in a bit of a problem, and now im shot on money.. having enough only for my second favorite car (mr2 turbo) :D

ive heard that the best mr2's are after 93' cuz they changed around some things.. better turbo, no ac problems.. better suspension... and some other neat things

but the thing is that there is only 1, 94' mr2 turbo!! in my city, the car is in pretty good shape, but the kms are 200100... :S is that too much for a mr2???

pleaseeeee help.. this is a really nice car.. for a good price.. but im afraid to purchase something that will die :(

·
Homer Lusk Collyer
AE92
1,144 Posts
125 thousand miles on a '94 isn't bad. That's less than 8 thousand miles per year.

The 93+ MR2s are slightly better but I certainly wouldn't focus just on them. There will be many, many more '91 models and with the money you save buying one, you could upgrade it to '94 spec.

·
Midship Captain
1991 MR2 Turbo
1,643 Posts
94's are rarer and worth more money. I would go with that. 3SGTE's and 5SFE's are bullitproof anyway.

·
Premium Member
'91 MR2 Turbo
19,831 Posts
At that mileage, if the engine is healthy, the biggest concern is the turbo. Most are not shut down properly with a cool down period, making the seals a concern.
Other than that, everything stated above is on target.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts