Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just called a local Toyota dealer to inquire about the price of a 16" factory TRD Off-Road alloy wheel. $413!

Wow! For a friggin' wheel? :disappoin
 

·
Row Dialin'
Joined
·
2,832 Posts
That's like when I went to the dealer I bought my truck from for a free first oil change. I thought since I was there I would just buy the bed mat from them and save myself the shipping costs. They wanted $165 dollars for it and they didn't have it in stock. I told him to get bent and I could get it off eBay for $75 including shipping. He said "yeah right, not the Toyota made mat." I just walked away. I'm convinced he has never seen the internet.

Needless to say I'm never going back there again. I've been to two dealerships so far in my area. They have both proved to be incompetent, over-priced assholes. I have three more to try. :gfy:
 

·
french fried taters
Joined
·
546 Posts
Ive never been to a good dealership, its not just Toyota they all suck. All they want is for somebody to pull up, buy a vehicle then leave and never come back unless theyre back to buy another vehicle. They dont want to deal with problems and take care of their customers.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
448 Posts
Count said:
Just called a local Toyota dealer to inquire about the price of a 16" factory TRD Off-Road alloy wheel. $413!

Wow! For a friggin' wheel? :disappoin
Should have replied that you have 4 your willing to sell him.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
707 Posts
Not limited to Toyota for sure. I have experienced the same with BMW, Mercedes, Mini, Ford. Find a good online soure and you wil save a bunch.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14 Posts
boone88rr said:
...They wanted $165 dollars for it and they didn't have it in stock. I told him to get bent and I could get it off eBay for $75 including shipping. He said "yeah right, not the Toyota made mat." I just walked away. I'm convinced he has never seen the internet.
Over on Edmunds a number of ppl have reported that they have gotten the internet price by bringing in a printout showing what they can get the official toyota part for off the internet. It's worth a try, all they can do is say no. At best you might save yourself some shipping.
 

·
Don't mess with the Blue
'06 DC Sport TRD
Joined
·
1,809 Posts
yeah, just keep searching the net. You are bound to come up with something. Don't bother with those dealership bastards. :cursin:
 

·
Sub Vet
2006 Tacoma
Joined
·
38 Posts
Toyota Parts

In the Portland, OR area; I got a factory bed mat for $74.00 and a set of all weather floor mats for an Access cab for $93.00. They has a special on parts.
 

·
Seattle Seahawks Rule
2005 Toyota Tacoma
Joined
·
222 Posts
don't say rims, people freak out here........rims,rims,rims,rims!!!!!!!
 

·
Row Dialin'
Joined
·
2,832 Posts
Yeah I got my bed mat for like $65 bucks online. I was just sharing my experience. I don't think they were interested in price matching parts and accessories. Boch Toyota in Norwood, Ma is one of the biggest dealers in the country. On the weekends they have people take numbers like at the deli counter to buy a car. It's crazy. I will never go back there again, except maybe to buy another car or truck. They have good, negotiable prices and lots of inventory. Their service and parts department suck. They clearly don't care if they make money in those areas.
 

·
HANG UP AND DRIVE!!!
Joined
·
948 Posts
If you can't find a single, maybe you could find someone on eBay (or any other auction site) selling a set and ask them that if they don't sell the set, if they might be willing to break them up and sell them individually. There might be more people out there like yourself that only wants one (for the spare) rather than a whole set (I'd bring that point up to the seller). It never hurts to ask.
 

·
Surfing TN via iPhone
05 Tacoma DC 4x4 TRD
Joined
·
10,653 Posts
boone88rr said:
That's like when I went to the dealer I bought my truck from for a free first oil change. I thought since I was there I would just buy the bed mat from them and save myself the shipping costs. They wanted $165 dollars for it and they didn't have it in stock. I told him to get bent and I could get it off eBay for $75 including shipping. He said "yeah right, not the Toyota made mat." I just walked away. I'm convinced he has never seen the internet.

Needless to say I'm never going back there again. I've been to two dealerships so far in my area. They have both proved to be incompetent, over-priced assholes. I have three more to try. :gfy:
I got my Tacoma bed mat from the dealer for $58. I had a cool salesman that told the guy in the parts dept to give me whatever accessories I wanted at employee cost. :clap:

Some dealerships are cool, but most just want to make every extra penny they can. When will they learn that good customer service and prices = more sales, and more $.
 

·
WAX museum.
2005 Tacoma
Joined
·
1,390 Posts
I'm in Cleveland this week.

Needless to say I haven't seen a new Tacoma since I've been here. I went to the dealership to see if they even have them, and the salesman started in on me. Something like "you could walk out of here for under 30...

lol

I said I already bought one for well under that.. He didn't beleive me, got smart, and told me that if it's so much cheaper on the West coast to go back home.

My reply: "Gladly!"..

I laughed my way out of the parking lot. I assurred him that I would "spread the news" about his dealership and their friendly atmosphere. I forgot what it was like growing up here. People are just angry all the time cause the weather sucks so bad.... Always uptight about shit...:disappoin
 

·
Surfing TN via iPhone
05 Tacoma DC 4x4 TRD
Joined
·
10,653 Posts
55reasons said:
I forgot what it was like growing up here. People are just angry all the time cause the weather sucks so bad.... Always uptight about shit...:disappoin
Plus they're stuck with the Cleveland Browns. lol

:lol:
 
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Top