Toyota Nation Forum banner

41 - 60 of 293 Posts

·
Registered
1998 Avalon XLS
5 Posts
My 1998 Toyota Avalon XLS has 210,000 miles. My only problems have been a brake caliper, one oxygen sensor replaced, CD player replaced, and AC head amplifier (computer) replaced, and recently, the starter. I find that electrical problems have been the major issue. Right now my radiator fan is running constantly; maybe a sensor? Otherwise it runs absolutely great. No oil use at all, no tranny problems.
JoelP

·
NFS: Most Wanted
95 Toyota Avalon XLS
92 Posts
I got my 95 XLS @ 137,000 km (late 2004)
and its now at 303,000 km

minors repair:
- replace drive shafts
- new exhaust line
- general tune up (sparks, gas filter, oil ect ect)
- electrical wiring clean-up (previous owner had a starter than remove the hard were and left me all the wiring behind the dash)
- new wiring of the aftermarket stereo
- 2nd sets of tires
- replace rear caliper's
- replace front windshiled
- replace driver side rear power window
- replace starter

future repairs:
- front/rear shock/coil
- rear driver window
- new exhaust line system (pipes, & cat)
- interior chairs repair
- tranny slipping a bit after 110 km/h

Its great! I love this ride, If I get a chance to get another car this will me one of my first choose. I have a lot of trust in my Avalon!

·
Registered
1999 Avalon XL
2 Posts
My '99 XL is running strong at 224k miles (Just broke 224k today)
No problems whatsoever.

As a kid, honestly, it's a great car to have. Not too powerful for an inexperienced driver (Like myself), but still with enough power and handling to have fun in. It's a great car to empty out and run around the back roads near where I live.

·
Registered
3 Posts
98 XL bought new. Near daily 90 mile commute plus vacations and kid transport. Rotors, struts, tie rod ends, wiper motor, some seals and gaskets, now facing a PS pump replacement. NO engine or tranny problems -- 255,400 miles.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Our '95 Avy has 199,950 on her today with only a R&P replacment four years ago, and regular maintenance since we bought it in '99 w/ 74,000 miles. My buddy is bringing by his '95 Avy on Monday w/ 467,000 miles in her!!!!:eek: I'll take pics of the odometer and post it!

·
Posting via iPhone/iPad
92 miata
1,117 Posts
And I thought I was up there mileage wise! I have about 297k now or so. Unsure though since others rolled it back....:eek:

·
Registered
3 Posts
:clap:I now have hope for 350-400K. Forgot to mention when I did timing belt at 205K I also did front seal, water pump, tensioners and all belts altho only the seal was bad. Since I intend to drive it till it expires I thought it was preventive maintenance.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I don't own the car, a 1996 XL, anymore since I sold it in July of '06 when I bought an XLS. At the time it had 195K, all by my wife and I. Only normal maintenance at scheduled mileage. Exception was brakes. No work required on brakes and as far as I know they still haven't been touched. I sold it to a friend and ask him occasionally if he has had any problems. By the way, the sales price was $2000. That was all the dealer was going to allow me on trade.

·
Registered
3 Posts
:sosad: After doing the PS pump (50% improvement at most) my mechanic said the rack and pinion is probably going in the next year or so. Anyone need an otherwise good 98 XL with 256K mostly highway. See my previous posts for recent work. $2500.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Mileage

I just acquired a 96 Avalon. It has 308,800 Kilometers. It runs like a fine timepiece. Needed hood struts, antenna replacement. Will need struts within a year. Previous owner took great care, and I look forward to many more years of enjoyment of this fine vehicle:clap:

·
Registered
3 Posts
1996 xls has 200100.

Wonderful forum. have learned a lot just from browsing. Bought my Avi in 1996 new, besides a few front end collisions, still runs like new even with 200100 miles. Original shocks, brake, exhust and may other parts. Luv my AVI

·
Registered
toyota tercel
151 Posts
i have a 95 XLS fully with 204k and baby still running strong, i love this car, so as my tercel, also i want to change the valve cover gasket and do a tune-up, i dont know if the last owner did it, i got mines last year, most of the time is just sits in the parking lot. had a big problem with the rear brakes, and very little rust that im about to fix on the rear right fender.

·
Registered
95.5 Tacoma
261 Posts
My parents just brought there 96 XLS gold with 123,000 this car looks and drives like new and all the gadgets work properly.She brought it home tonight(60) mile trip and she says "I already like it better than the Explorer" It was not cheap 5,000 and then they gave us 1,500 for the 2000 Explorer.Many the vehicles we looked at had head gasket issues or gadgets spliced into the factory wires Always look under the oil filler cap!!

·
Registered
2002 Toyota Tundra
303 Posts
1996 XL @ 174000 miles. All made by me.... (well my parents until I got it) Had all gaskets changed ( it bleed i tell you!)

41 - 60 of 293 Posts