Toyota Nation Forum banner

81 - 100 of 293 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
My parents just retired their 96 avalon into my hands. They drove it off the lot in 96 with 25 miles or so on it and it's just about to hit 303,000. Been a damn good car, although it's not running as well as it used to, hence it's being put out to pasture as my commute to work car. Still gets just a bit shy of 30mpg, though, so I'm fine with that. I'll keep driving till it kicks the bucket.

·
Registered
192 Posts
417,300 KM (about 260,000 miles) on my '95 XLS. Bought it with 134,000 back in 2000. Replaced steering rack at 300,000 due to leakage and rear struts at 350,000 (Front struts were done just before we bought it).

Everything else is original, damn good car!! It's going to be "retiring" in a few months to work commuter when the Venza we ordered arrives.

·
Registered
2 Posts
High Mileage Avalons

Two years ago I traded off a 95 Avalon with 325K on it. The valve covers had never been off the engine. It had only had the standard maintenance one would expect with those miles - timing belts, CVJ's, struts.. . When I traded it off, it was running fine and looked good.

I'm now driving a 98 Avalon with 196K on it, but I anticipate putting another 150K on it.

I buy used, clean Toyotas and put 60K a year on them. I do all the upkeep on them myself - haven't had one in the shop for repair since 1991. I am compulsive about keeping the best fluids - oil, tranny, power steering fluid, brake fluid. . . Keep them changed out. There is no reason these cars shouldn't last forever.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Some great mileage on Avy's! Mine is now a tad higher than posts two years ago (see signature). It does need new hood struts now. Other than that just timing belt, plugs, rotors, pads and recently converted to Amsoil synthetic. Doesn't use or leak a drop of oil. Gotta luva Avy.

·
Registered
1998 Toyota AvalonXL
5 Posts
98 and 180

My 98 XL just turned over 180K. Minor rust above the windshield. Just replaced master brake cylinder. At 20K we replaced the starter. Sway bar links need constant replacement, not sure why, I've given up on getting new ones.

·
Registered
8 Posts
97 --189K miles. Owned it since day one. Replaced steering gear twice, driver side halfshaft, new power steering pump, and just replaced valve cover gaskets. Outstanding transportation....

·
Registered
3 Posts
bought the car with 3000 miles on it. toyota mechanics tell me the first year model of this car is the best.
I currently have 205K on it. three timing belts and regular maintenance.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I may have one of the lowest mileage 97's. Bought from my neighbor who was relocating to a retirement community. With me driving it has just over 34,XXX.

81 - 100 of 293 Posts