Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, 2 days ago my Highl 03 start acting strange every time I started it. Here is the scenario. When it is turned on the RPM meter stays below the usual 1 , the engine do not seems to have power. How ever if the gas pedal is pressed the engine seems to have the usual response. The problem is when the engine is idle.

Note: SUV millage is 99k , 2 weeks ago it had the maintenance done of timing belt and other parts. Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks!!

·
Registered
2003 Highlander
24 Posts
So low idle is the only issue? Does it drive okay? Which motor do you have? Have you done any maintenance to it? My hl once warmed up idles around 650rpm, below the quote "one mark". This is completely normal. However if an engine is cold, it'll be on high idle, trying to warm the O2 sensors and the coolant, once appropriate temperature is reached, the engine will idle low.

·
Registered
213 Posts
What do you mean by it having no power when the idle is under "1"? What do you consider power? If your vehicle always idled over the "1" then I would say that is a problem, but not under.

·
AvConsult
3,657 Posts
+1 on idle control valve. They gum up with mileage and eventually won't respond and adjust idle speed.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts