Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hear a noise (clunk) front left side when accelerating like a brake pad or calipers
The dealer check and change the front left axle but the noise is still
Anyone have the same problem?
Any recommendation??

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
Get a 2nd opinion somewhere else

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
I hear a noise (clunk) front left side when accelerating like a brake pad or calipers
The dealer check and change the front left axle but the noise is still
Anyone have the same problem?
Any recommendation??
Not enough information... How many miles/kilometers do you have on the vehicle? Does the "clunk" happens every time you accelerate (when the transmission is Park? from stop and go? or when the car is already in motion like cruising speed then accelerate?), or only once when you first driving it in the morning? As you hear the clunk, do you also feel any slight vibration from the steering wheel or slight vibration on your foot rest...? Any sign of uneven wear on that tire?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hi Rick
have a 20,500 miles
the clunk it happens when you stop and go, for example when you stop in the traffic light and go.
does not have a sign like a vibration.
I've already been to the dealer 3 times and they don't know.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Ok. I assume the brake caliper/pads are functioning normally; The common components to check are the joints (lower ball joint, steering knuckle - need to have the vehicle raised), lower control arm bushings, the upper strut mont & bearing, and any loose plastic shield (i.e. a common one is the shield in the wheel wall for access to the ATF fill plug, where missing one of the plastic clip/tab... Again, just guessing.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts