Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Highlander LE Hybrid AWD - Magnetic Grey
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

i was wondering if the XLE and LE have the same exact audio system. Toyota specs say the XLE have "premium audio" system. I know that the only ones to have the Clarifi JBL are limited and platinum, but what about the XLE and LE ?

Thank you :)

·
Registered
2020 Toyota Highlander Platinum Hybrid (CDN)
444 Posts
For Canada (not sure about the US), the L, LE and XLE all have 6 speakers. All the same from a speaker standpoint but the connect services are different on the XLE.

LE got Audio Plus with Safety Connect (1 year free trial). Explained below.
XLE got Audio Plus with Safety Connect (1 year free trial), Service Connect (10 year trial) and Remote Connect (1 year trial).

This is for Canada.

Safety Connect (1 Year Subscription) includes - Automatic Collision Notification, Stolen Vehicle Locator, Emergency Assistance Button, Enhanced Roadside Assistance; Works with Apple CarPlay & Android Auto

Service Connect (10 Year Subscription) includes - Vehicle Health Reports, Warning Light Notification

Remote Connect (1 Year Subscription) includes Engine Start/Stop, Doors Lock/Unlock, Last Parked Location, Guest Driver Settings, Status of Doors

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
For Canada (not sure about the US), the L, LE and XLE all have 6 speakers. All the same from a speaker standpoint but the connect services are different on the XLE.

LE got Audio Plus with Safety Connect (1 year free trial). Explained below.
XLE got Audio Plus with Safety Connect (1 year free trial), Service Connect (10 year trial) and Remote Connect (1 year trial).

This is for Canada.

Safety Connect (1 Year Subscription) includes - Automatic Collision Notification, Stolen Vehicle Locator, Emergency Assistance Button, Enhanced Roadside Assistance; Works with Apple CarPlay & Android Auto

Service Connect (10 Year Subscription) includes - Vehicle Health Reports, Warning Light Notification

Remote Connect (1 Year Subscription) includes Engine Start/Stop, Doors Lock/Unlock, Last Parked Location, Guest Driver Settings, Status of Doors
Oh great thank you for this information, it is very helpful. I was wondering if the audio system was the same in all the lower trim. Do you you really need remote connect to remote start the car or you can put a ''standard'' remote starter ?

Thank you very much for the information

·
Registered
444 Posts
Oh great thank you for this information, it is very helpful. I was wondering if the audio system was the same in all the lower trim. Do you you really need remote connect to remote start the car or you can put a ''standard'' remote starter ?

Thank you very much for the information
Depends. My wife works in a hospital that is VERY far away from the parking lot. Remote starters are divded into 3 categories if you will (simplistically). 1 way, 2 way and then via cell phone tower from an Android app or iOS app on your phone.

The Toyota OEM FOB and most aftermarket 1 way and 2 way remote starters will not work from a range standpoint for my wife. So having the ability to remote start your car from your phone via the toyota app is key during cold winters. The only thing I do not like is Toyota's remote connect only runs your car for 10 minutes and then shuts off. It is free for 1 year but after that you gotta pay a yearly subscription.

Aftermarket starters 1 way and 2 way starters will have longer range than the Toyota OEM FOB. The Aftermarket iOS or Andorid app remote startes via cell phone tower will probably be cheaper per year subscription over Toyota (not sure, youd have to check). With aftermarket starters, you can choose run times of 10mins, 15 mins or 20 or 25 or even up to 30 mins runtime. Queue the folks who so don't idle your car longer than 5 mins lol.

It is all about your personal situation and what is best or most convenient for you.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Depends. My wife works in a hospital that is VERY far away from the parking lot. Remote starters are divded into 3 categories if you will (simplistically). 1 way, 2 way and then via cell phone tower from an Android app or iOS app on your phone.

The Toyota OEM FOB and most aftermarket 1 way and 2 way remote starters will not work from a range standpoint for my wife. So having the ability to remote start your car from your phone via the toyota app is key during cold winters. The only thing I do not like is Toyota's remote connect only runs your car for 10 minutes and then shuts off. It is free for 1 year but after that you gotta pay a yearly subscription.

Aftermarket starters 1 way and 2 way starters will have longer range than the Toyota OEM FOB. The Aftermarket iOS or Andorid app remote startes via cell phone tower will probably be cheaper per year subscription over Toyota (not sure, youd have to check). With aftermarket starters, you can choose run times of 10mins, 15 mins or 20 or 25 or even up to 30 mins runtime. Queue the folks who so don't idle your car longer than 5 mins lol.

It is all about your personal situation and what is best or most convenient for you.
Hi mobgma,

really helpful information, thank you. So I can put a remote starter from Toyota OEM in a LE, or I need to absolutely get a XLE to get remote or go aftermarket ? In fact, it is not mandatory to me since, the car already have heated seat so it doesn't really matter if I cannot do it.

·
Registered
444 Posts
As I understand, the LE trim (in Canada) unfortunately does NOT have the OEM FOB remote start nor does it have Remote Connect (remote start via phone app). Your only option if you have an LE is aftermarket remote start.

You had to buy an XLE if you wanted wanted the short range OEM FOB remote start (3 x press lock button but on the 3rd press you hold it) and also the Remote Connect feature.

One could argue that the aftermarket remote start options on the market via an additional FOB or a cell phone app is both cheaper and better than what Toyota offers. In some cases, you can even buy a 3x lock remote start using the OEM FOB. I believe Compustar offers this for really cheap. Like sub $300.00 CDN where you can use your OEM FOB.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
As I understand, the LE trim (in Canada) unfortunately does NOT have the OEM FOB remote start nor does it have Remote Connect (remote start via phone app). Your only option if you have an LE is aftermarket remote start.

You had to buy an XLE if you wanted wanted the short range OEM FOB remote start (3 x press lock button but on the 3rd press you hold it) and also the Remote Connect feature.

One could argue that the aftermarket remote start options on the market via an additional FOB or a cell phone app is both cheaper and better than what Toyota offers. In some cases, you can even buy a 3x lock remote start using the OEM FOB. I believe Compustar offers this for really cheap. Like sub $300.00 CDN where you can use your OEM FOB.
Oh ok, i was thinking they had at least the OEM FOB short distance remote start. I will have the car Monday morning, so I will be able to check if its working or not. I wish it will :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts